wheel lacing

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Cyco wrote:Crows foot only works on 24h and 36h wheels and is a pain in the neck to work out spoke lengths.

Whats Crows Foot :?:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yoko

by yoko

Whats Crows Foot :?:

check this out for Crow's Foot Lacing

http://www.stormpages.com/spokeanwheel/lacingcf.htm

Stylomilo

by Stylomilo

yeap Yoko.My next top secret wheelset have been revealed.Its good that U found the website . It can be use in front and rear. crow foot can be use on 32 too but 8 out of 32 spoke not cross. If u got 24 hole rim and 32 hole hub, it still can be done but give abit stress to the hub. remove the 8 spokes. Measure the spoke is easy. go to DTspokes website and look for calculator. Find in radial and 2 cross in calculator and u get the perfect crow foot measurement. i know that crow foot is abit lighter than 3 cross spokes and strong too but i haven tried it b4. :twisted:
Crashman like crashing, feel the rythem and ride.

yoko

by yoko

does anybody know or tried if the Crow's Foot lacing is OK with disc brakes?

Cyco

by Cyco

Should be fine on a disc brake wheel, the one I did was on a Rear track wheel for a sprinter (radial front) and I wanted to try it. Has held up well for the last 2 years but I dont think the effort was worth it.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

yoko

by yoko

Cyco wrote:Should be fine on a disc brake wheel, the one I did was on a Rear track wheel for a sprinter (radial front) and I wanted to try it. Has held up well for the last 2 years ...

Thanks Cyco! Since I'm a disc brake freak, the only reason why I'm not trying this lacing is I'm not sure if this will hold.

Cyco wrote:... but I dont think the effort was worth it.

Why do you think so?

Stylomilo

by Stylomilo

best and performance wheelset depends on durable of the spokes and crossing.

Anyone here use DT revolution spokes? Heard about other people say that they are soft.
And Im confuse about titanium spokes. Some people says it can be use in aluminium nipples and some people says it must be use in Brass. Which is rite? :evil:
Crashman like crashing, feel the rythem and ride.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Crows foot looks nice :lol: , but doesn't work with 28 spoke rims. Any other sugestions?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Cyco

by Cyco

Why do you think so?

The extra work in trying to initially work out spoke lengths, then where each went - at both ends - was at least an extra 2+hrs on top of the standard build time. The wheels built up well (though I didn't like the opening of the bend on the radial spokes, due them going inside the crossed spokes) but I dont think I'd bother doing it again (even though I'd be a bit quicker).

DT Revs are not "Soft" they are more difficult to build with due to twisting and strech. If carefully built, wheels with heavilly BDed spokes can built with more tension as they reduce peak loading on impacts as they have more give.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

yoko

by yoko

The wheels built up well ...

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge, Cyco. Now I have a new wheel project!