2011 Cannondale

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bradeng

by bradeng

Heard a few tidbits from my rep yesterday...

Caad10: 1 1/4 lower bearing, similar tube shapes to sixcarbon, internal cable routing.
Supersix Evo: 700grams
Scalpel himod: much lighter than current. Continuous fibers from heatube to rear dropout.

record

by record

bradeng wrote:Caad10: 1 1/4 lower bearing, similar tube shapes to sixcarbon, internal cable routing.
and "Made in China" on the seatstays
A light bike does replace good fitness.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bradeng

by bradeng

Sad but true... now they will be just like just about every other bike out there.

euan

by euan

Like it matters.

BrianAllan

by BrianAllan

euan wrote:Like it matters.

When your brand is built around "Made in the USA" some appeal is lost to some people.

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

I thought the brand was built around innovation, performance, and high technology?
Doing bike things.

limba

by limba

Any news about the Flash or possibly a carbon cross bike?

euan

by euan

Junior Varsity wrote:I thought the brand was built around innovation, performance, and high technology?

Beat me to it, not to mention a quality product regardless of where it is made.

mythical

by mythical

C'mon guys, '10 is barely underway... Nobody has even seen anything yet so let's take it easy here. I like the current C'dales. I think they can only get better.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Caveman

by Caveman

The larger lower HS bearing on the CAAD10 goes right along with Cannondale's habit of going back on there word...

Regardless, I still love the current CAAD9 and I'm still kicking myself for not buying a raw System 6 (IMO one of the best looking bikes ever, and the best bike Cannondale has ever released).

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

BrianAllan wrote:

When your brand is built around "Made in the USA" some appeal is lost to some people.

Or the opposite. When I've seen a brand proudly proclaiming "Made in the USA," I'll often run away. :wink:
Of course, it all depends on the product itself though - that should speak for itself, so let's not generalize completely.

In other words: get over it.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

53x12

by 53x12

bradeng wrote: Caad10: 1 1/4 lower bearing, similar tube shapes to sixcarbon, internal cable routing.

I thought it was Cannondale's internal studies that determined a larger lower bearing didn't help at all (might actually be worse) on an aluminum frame? Did they just do crappy research and now came across a new answer? Kinda like the climate change thing?

Caveman wrote: Regardless, I still love the current CAAD9 and I'm still kicking myself for not buying a raw System 6 (IMO one of the best looking bikes ever, and the best bike Cannondale has ever released).

The CAAD9 is a great frame. I just ordered one with BB30 and SISL crank with my team discount. While the System 6 is also a nice frame, not sure the mix of materials is the best design. I think there are better options. Now the SuperSix Hi-MOD matte frame is hot hot hot! :thumbup:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

bradeng

by bradeng

Starnut may correct me on this but here is what I got from the rep on the bearing thing.

1 1/2" bearing made the frame heavier and harsher riding. 1 1/4" (like what Time uses) added a wee bit of fork stiffness without the downsides that the 1 1/2" had.

And yeah... carbon cross bike for next year.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

prendrefeu wrote:
BrianAllan wrote:

Or the opposite. When I've seen a brand proudly proclaiming "Made in the USA," I'll often run away. :wink:
Of course, it all depends on the product itself though - that should speak for itself, so let's not generalize completely.

In other words: get over it.

This is not GM or Chrysler we're talking about. Made in the USA Cannondale aluminum has, and continues to be, the benchmark of aluminum bicycles in the industry. Part of the mystique of a Caad9 is that it is hand made by artisans. It's not just cranked out of some factory like some mass produced nike shoes.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

RussellS

by RussellS

Junior Varsity wrote:I thought the brand was built around innovation, performance, and high technology?

Big aluminum tubes are high technology? I have a CAAD7 and CAAD9 so i like Cannondale. Just don't think of high tech for their aluminum frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com