Bianchi project (new pics on page 5)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Timo

by Timo

Here's what I'm working on. My 13 years old Bianchi frame build into a new bike. Im collecting the right decals and then the frame, the fork and the handlebar will all three be send to the painter for a fresh coat of celeste paint. After that "tutto Campagnolo" will be the theme with full Centaur 2010 groupset, Record 1" aheadset, Chorus pedals, seat post and bottle holders, and silver Eurus 2010 wheels.

I've Put it together with some old Chorus ergos and my Neutron wheels to give you an impression but offcourse the fork and handlebar will soon be celeste too.

Last edited by Timo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ari

by Ari

Get with TheBugMan, aka King o' Bianchi. He might be able to help as he has one heck of a Bianchi fetish.
Seven Axiom Ti, Reynolds UL Fork, Campagnolo Super Record 11

In Progress: Salsa Podio, Alpha Q GS10 Fork, Campagnolo Chorus 11

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

nice raw material, quite decent... the silver eurus wheels are the only thing that i am not sure about... :unbelievable: i think i'd rather go for neutron or similar. ok, a nice carbon fibre wheelset such as corima winium (with custom made celeste decals), fulcrum racing light or easton ec90slx (all three available for a fair price) would be my first choice!
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

coloclimber

by coloclimber

I'll be watching this one. Love that frame.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Love the frame.
In fact, love all things Bianchi.
But forget about the Pro Stealth Evos and throw some Deda Newtons on there!
(And then sell me the Pros for cheap :lol: )

Willier

by Willier

13 years old, but looks like new :smartass: Like the idea of the build, I would keep bars black...Anyway I am looking forward on keeping an eye on this topic :thumbup:

farbound

by farbound

Personally I love it the way it is right now. Black handlebar and fork, the old ergos, and the neutron. Is that a flite btw? Matches the rest of the bike so well!

stallard

by stallard

Do you have a paint code, (maybe a PPG code) or is the painter just matching it? Where did you get the stickers? I can't wait to see the final product.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Great looking bike Timo. It looks just like the one that I owned for 13yrs that was stolen, which prompted me to build the Bianchi I have now. I can't wait to see the final build.

"Get with TheBugMan, aka King o' Bianchi. He might be able to help as he has one heck of a Bianchi fetish"...
Contrary to this popular belief, I have a fetish for all bikes. I would even say I love all self propelled vehicles, no matter the brand.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

xg43x

by xg43x

Silver as opposed to Celeste would look much better for handlebars. Afterall, your cranks, post and derailleurs arent going to be celeste, so it makes alot more sense to have the bars silver.

mlchang

by mlchang

This is going to be awesome...should post my bianchis...

Timo

by Timo

Hi all,

No paint codes but the painter did so many Bianchis through the years that I simply send him the frame and he will know what to do. I'm looking for some "Reparto Corse" decals and the Bianchi autograph decal for the top tube and then it is ready for painting. All the decals I already have came from ebay. Fulcrum, Corima or Easton wheels are out of the question because of the "tutto Campagnolo" theme and for a Centaur equipped alu bike the Boras are out of proportions (as is a Deda bar/stem combo).

Looks a bit odd because there's no headset but you'll get the idea...

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Timo

by Timo

Finally got all the decals I needed (took some time to find the "Eduardo Bianchi" signature decal) and a nicer fork (see pictures).

Two days ago I took everything to the painter only to learn that he will leave for a two week holiday after the weekend - oh well, so now the waiting begins...

range
Shop Owner

by range

Nice job!
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Nice work Timo, I like your style! :thumbup: Look forward to see finished Bianchi... :smartass: :beerchug: