FSA K-Force MegaExo ---- Dura Ace cranks ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

breker

by breker

What would be the best choise ?

-Stifness
-Weight
-looks
-durebelity

The other problem is that I ride a RECORD group! Won't it fight ? campa groupe whit shimano cranks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

go for dura ace cranks!!!
they look really nice, are hammer stiff, shifting won't be a problem, and when the chainrings do not fit the campi chain, just go for a shimano 10 speed chain, they run better with the campagnolo cassette than the original chain.

Boonen

by Boonen

according to tour magazine stiffness of both cranks is very similar.
The FSA is lighter, can't say anything about the durability and looks you'll have to figur out yourself :wink:
But if you ride a record drivetrain... looks like a pretty simple choice to me :)

weiwentg

by weiwentg

Boonen wrote:according to tour magazine stiffness of both cranks is very similar.
The FSA is lighter, can't say anything about the durability and looks you'll have to figur out yourself :wink:
But if you ride a record drivetrain... looks like a pretty simple choice to me :)

the listings here say the K-forces are heavier - 762 and 790g. FSA initially claimed they were 660g, and recently upped it to 740g, same as DA's claimed weight. how much did Tour magazine weigh them at?

I have a Campy drivetrain with a DA10 crank. one of the cat 2 riders in my area does too. lots of people have done it.

divve

by divve

Tour has the compact version listed at 798g.

spytech

by spytech

divve wrote:Tour has the compact version listed at 798g.

i think the compact version your talking about is the sl-k not the K-Force. the question now, is which is stiffer - the higher priced K-force or the the heavier less expensive SL-k?

divve

by divve

Yes, SL-K. Sorry for throwing that in. I don't really keep track of their stuff.

columbusSLX

by columbusSLX

Just weighed all three (DA-megaexo-slk(39/53 all) Dura-Ace is the lightest. FSA's are both 800g plus.

bobalou

by bobalou

breker wrote:
The other problem is that I ride a RECORD group! Won't it fight ? campa groupe whit shimano cranks

Exactly what I use.. DA10 crankset and record group. It fit's fine. Record C10 ultra chain works fine with it, no reason to use the DA but you can if you want.

breker

by breker

I now ride Campa record carbon crancks wil it be a big deference?

for the weight and stifness

bobalou

by bobalou

breker wrote:I now ride Campa record carbon crancks wil it be a big deference?

for the weight and stifness

Its a bit heavier then the record, no doubt. Big difference in stiffness? Depends on how you define 'big'. It was noticable to me .. I suggest to you to give a test ride to a setup using it and make your own conclusions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com