disturbing site

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mouse

by mouse

So I was doing a simple search for crit training articles one day and a disturbing site came up. [link removed - Florian]. It’s mainly bodybuilders advising each other on anabolic steroids, but they also have a cycling specific forum where the moderator gives advice on how to cycle epo. I know cycling isn’t the cleanest sport, but it’s sad to think that epo may make it’s way into cat 3 and 4 races. What do you guys think? I hope I never have to races against these D**ks.

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

mouse wrote:I hope I never have to races against these D**ks.

Your chances won't decrease by posting a direct link to that site.
Image Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mouse

by mouse

sorry, i didn't mean to encourage epo use. i figured that this site seems to have a high percentage of clean riders with a real passion for the sport, the exact reason why i like it here. i just found it disturbing and i was outraged when i found this site. i guess theres nothing i can do about those lowlifes, i just wanted to alert everyone else to how common this has become. :cry:

big fellow

by big fellow

I find it incredible that they allow such sites to go ahead

It should be removed off the 'net and banned! :twisted:

Tippster

by Tippster

big fellow wrote:I find it incredible that they allow such sites to go ahead

It should be removed off the 'net and banned! :twisted:

difficult to police though...
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

big fellow

by big fellow

without a doubt, impossible to police the countless number of websites out there

I suppose if it's brought tho the attention of the authorities then perhaps they can do something about it????

Tippster

by Tippster

big fellow wrote:without a doubt, impossible to police the countless number of websites out there

I suppose if it's brought tho the attention of the authorities then perhaps they can do something about it????

Couldn't agree with you more. Better to forward the URL to the authorities than post it here.
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

John979

by John979

Evening Primrose Oil is commonly referred to as "EPO" by body builders. It is used in conjunction with steroids to help minimize side effects -- in theory. Could this site been really talking about Evening Primrose Oil?
John979

big fellow

by big fellow

especially female body builders john? :wink:

fair point though...

PNuT

by PNuT

can someone pm me the link.... im struggeling for form rite now

mouse

by mouse

it was definately erythropotein, they were talking about raising their hematocrit to 55 for upcoming races. there was a lot of talk about blood work and pharmaceutical reps. i have to admit that i have a morbid fascination when it comes to reading about this kind of stuff, but i can't understand an amateur going to those extremes.

PNuT

by PNuT

mouse wrote:it was definately erythropotein, they were talking about raising their hematocrit to 55 for upcoming races. there was a lot of talk about blood work and pharmaceutical reps. i have to admit that i have a morbid fascination when it comes to reading about this kind of stuff, but i can't understand an amateur going to those extremes.

i could get a better job further from my house if i could ride further & faster :D

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

mouse wrote: but i can't understand an amateur going to those extremes.

just wait till EPO is available in pill form (coming soon to an amateur racer near you).

big fellow

by big fellow

now that is a very, very scary thought!

mises

by mises

big fellow wrote:now that is a very, very scary thought!

Scary but not likely. Proteins don't fare very well in the digestive system, for obvious reasons. Inhaled should be quite feasible though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com