I links pics. Regular and Mini. [Test report on page 3]

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Regular ones complete

Minis' complete

Brake inner

Shift inner
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

nutty

by nutty

how well will it work with campy11?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Please conduct a :search: before asking questions. Searching and learning from the search makes you smarter. sitting down and asking the question makes you lazy
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

greasypete

by greasypete

Frankie - B wrote:Please conduct a :search: before asking questions. Searching and learning from the search makes you smarter. sitting down and asking the question makes you lazy

You couldn't just say yes? I don't understand how you typing out 3 sentences referring someone to search is easier than just typing yes.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

The brake inners will be lighter with the extra nipples cuts off.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

greasypete- do you have any idea who the OP is?
Show some respect :evil:
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Alright, everyone just chill out.

Y'all sound like a bunch of people getting cabin fever and not going outside because of the poor weather. :roll:

Get on your bikes, trainers, rollers, whatever and clear your minds. Please.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

coming back on topic, are the mini i-links only available as shifter housings, or will they also work as brake housing? It's not clear from the links or the stuff I can find on the web?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Redddraggon

by Redddraggon

Aren't those cables rather heavy?

nutty

by nutty

ah..it's not that I didn't use the search function before asking the question, i have tried to search alligator campagnolo and stuff, but i can't find anyone using alligator cables with campy11 shifters. That's why i posted the question. Because jagwire shift housing is 4mm, the same as alligator's one, and the campy11 housing is 4.1mm. And from what I read, jagwire doesn't really work well with campy11, I was thinking if using alligator, would it be the same results?

Perhaps my question was so direct and short, and it sounded I did not search for the answer before asking, so sorry about that.

BmanX

by BmanX

Any ideas when the brake versions will be available. I am running Nokon's now on all my bikes but have put in my order for the shifter set up but would like to keep the builds looking good with just one cable housing set up if possible.

Does anyone know the weight difference between half a meter of the I-Link Mini's VS. half a meter of Nokon's. It would be interesting to see the weight differences between the two or better yet between the standard I-Links, Mini's and Nokon's.

Reason I am asking is because I am only about 170g from being under 6000g with my SLC and trying to get my P2K down to around 15.25 - 15.5 lbs and these might help get me closer to my goals.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Here are the parts that were left over

Regular I links:

Mini I links

The cables are quite a hassle to install as opposed to the Nokons that came off the bike. For people interested to know: a nokon liner does not fit into the mini I links so you need to wait to use the minis with a brake inner cable. If you want to run them as brake cables you can always use a shift inner cable to bring you to a halt. (before screaming that that will not be possible try it first then post.) I do not know if the mini i links will stand up to that job though. they might split like the carbon nokons did when used for braking.

BmanX

by BmanX

Thank you for the post. If I can ask, what brake cable housings are you running with this set up using the I-Ling Mini's for shifting?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Can someone point me to a source/purchase point for these iLink mini?

All I'm seeing on the net are the iLink regular.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com