2011 SL3, Crux, 2012 SJ Evo HT

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Long time lurker, though I guess this is my second post.
My two bikes are:
2008 Stumpjumper FSR Elite
Current upgrades include:
Fox RP23 rear shock (Fox Pro Tune)
Fox RL120 --> RLC via Push --> Rebuilt and readjusted by my friend Jack
Magura Marta SL 180/160
SRAM XX crankset, shifters, derailleurs, 1091r chain, Shimano XT 11/36 cassette.
Mavic Crossmax SLR, Conti Mountain Kings
Other upgrades off the top of my head include: Cane Creek 110 headset, Extralite seat collar, Edge/Enve sweep bar.

My road bike is a 2009 Tarmac SL2
Nothing special, just a solid ride.

I was getting bored and decided to add another bike. I really wanted to get it as a frameset, but I would have had to wait too long.
2011 Crux Comp
Only things I've changed are the hoods to white and switched the saddle to my necessary Aliante. Fun ride, but it's a bit rough on the mountain bike trails :lol:
Updated below
Last edited by tonytourist on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

wisgliebau

by wisgliebau

I really like the new Tarmac. I've wanted one since I got into cycling but the shop that competes with the one where I typically purchase my bikes and have befriended the staff is the only dealer in town... So I don't think it'll happen any time soon! They're a sweet ride, though. Not too much buzz and plenty of stiffness! The Stumpjumper looks like you do some damage. :)

Cheers!

-Gregory

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Thanks Gregory :mrgreen:
I'm right down 99 from you in Bakersfield. Really looking forward to the TOC stage from Visalia to Bakersfield 8)
The Tarmac Pro was my first road bike, which I got late December 08. Frame was replaced in August, so hopefully this one lasts a bit longer. Though I do like the SL3.... :wink:

The Stumpjumper is fun, though this past week I've had some bad luck on it. Thursday I managed to take out the rear derailleur, the hanger and the chain. Replaced parts, and now I realized today that my Eggbeater is cracked. Oh well, I'll have to look at a lighter replacement now in the true WW spirit.

runido

by runido

Nice combo. The Tarmac is a great bike.

sfcyclist1

by sfcyclist1

Post the weight.. you're on WW for christ sake! j/k.. welcome

tonytourist

by tonytourist

sfcyclist1 wrote:Post the weight.. you're on WW for christ sake! j/k.. welcome

I know, I need to get a scale. I'll see what I can do, though both of my rides are a bit on the heavy side :|

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I did some updates on both of my piles recently. I decided to try out some Vittoria Paves with latex tubes on my Tarmac. I must say that they definitely have a nice ride 8) I also put a Prologo Scratch Pro on it, since the Toupe and I weren't getting along.
I did some upgrades to the Stumpjumper too. The fork decided to crap itself so I sent it out to Push. I put some new parts on it, specifically: 180/160 Magura Marta SL, the Mavics, Racing Ralphs tubeless, carbon seatpost, seat, 3T stem, Ritchey handlebars, ESI grips. I just broke a KMC X10SL chain yesterday, so I'm running a SRAM 990 I think. Pictured with my massive Niterider Pro 1200. (Battery is a beast)
If I stop breaking stuff on my mountain bike I'll probably get another fun set of wheels for my road bike :D

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

?

I too feel your pain on having a weakness for white bikes.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I still need to get around to that. My friend who worked on my bike estimated that my SJ should be at about 26 LB given the parts on it. A scale is on my list of things to get. I'll do the bathroom scale method tomorrow, or see what the LBS has when I go to get my new derailleur hanger :P I have a white Scratch, white tape and hoods, but I wasn't sure how it'd look on the Tarmac...

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Oh yeah, I'd much rather break parts than bones. A guy I've ridden with numerous times broke his femur while out riding last week :unbelievable: A chain and derailleur hanger doesn't seem like much compared to that :smartass:

BBiker

by BBiker

Hi, I have an 09 SJ elite. I notice you changed the shock. What size did you get and where from? From what I've heard on other forums fox don't make them the right size as the triad is an odd size [7.25x1.75]?

tonytourist wrote:Long time lurker, though I guess this is my second post.
My two bikes are:
2008 Stumpjumper FSR Elite
Current upgrades include:
Fox RP23 rear shock

Thanks

Barnaby

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Old post, but I do have some updates I will have to add.
Anyway, I bought a Fox RP23 in 7.5x2" stroke on Ebay last year after reading on MTBR that it would work. I got a great deal on Ebay, but I recently sent it in to Fox for their Protune service since I purchased the incorrect valving. If you have your choice I'd go for a firm/medium tune, especially if you want it hardtail stiff on PP3. Fox did a great job, which I can't say about another suspension company I've used... I'll post some updated pictures of both of my rides as well as a new friend I picked up for them :mrgreen:

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I've had some bad luck lately, but with 3 2011 bikes I can't complain.
I will start with the Crux:
I've changed the brakes and wheels, I want to get the S Works BB30 crankset for it when it comes out.
Wheels: HED C2, King Classics, DT Swiss spokes
Avid Shorty Ultimates
Current weight: unknown
SJ FSR:
Switched all my parts over, Magura Storm SL rotors (not pictured), Rocket Ron TLs and probably a few things here and there. Currently weighing in at a solid 25 lbs, I have a few plans to get it in to the 24 lb category, which I think will be a great weight for a 5" travel trail bike.

S-Works SL3:
Same as above, swapping parts from the old to the new. I need to get a new seatpost, possibly a new seat, and figure out where else I can save some weight at a reasonable price. Put a SRAM 1090 cassette and 1091r chain on recently. Ideally I'll get a nice set of tubulars this year if funds allow.

Thanks for looking!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I'll have to weigh it with the tubulars (Reynolds DV46 UL), but I know that they're 2 lbs lighter than my regular setup :shock:
Definitely sub 6.8 as is.
Updates from previous post include: Praxis Works chainrings, Ilinks and Ilink minis, Easton EC90 bars, Specialized S Works Toupe saddle, Zipp Beyond Black stem and seatpost (aluminum... heavy, need to change that sometime)
I sold the FSR in the previous posts, as I hadn't ridden it since I purchased my 29er in February.
2012 Stumpjumper Evo HT
Swapped wheels to Stans Crest
Changed the crank to Specialized S Works
And I dumped the crappy Avids for a set of Magura MT2s (awesome brakes for the money)
Should be weighing in around 22lbs. I have a few more things I want to change on it.