2010 TCR Advanced SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Find some lighter skewers. Not many weight weenies here are running any skewer over 60g.

Lighter stem + lighter bars + lighter skewer can drop you 1/3 of a pound easy.

Then you can run some veloplugs instead of rim tape. To save you 20 g rotational weight (10g per wheel).

ALso Fizik bar tape is one of the heaviest bar tapes on the market. Only thing heavier is brooks leather bar tape. Deda is my first and only choice. Shared by many here. Although I'm sure you want the Fizik bar tape to match yoru saddle. But Fizik bar tape is 2X heavier than Deda.

Do all the above and you might save 2/3 of a pound. Then you can do some bolt tuning on top of it to take off another 1/8th of a pound or so. You should be into 14.7X lbs range easily.

Btw nice choice on the tires. I just ordered a set to try.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

I'm actually using kcnc skewers now, you can see them in the photos. I just posted the easton weight as that was on my list. I think the kcnc's were like 80g lighter or something crazy. I will put this thing back on the scale tommorow and get a new weight for real.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Edit: everyone else has already made my suggestions :oops:

Nice bike!!! :thumbup: big fan of them!

johnymac

by johnymac

IMO one of the nicest bikes I've seen on this site. congrats! :beerchug:

StefanR

by StefanR

looks like a cervelo, or b/w de rosa. ;)
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

Luc

by Luc

Sweet ride!!

:thumbup:
Pollice verso.

endorfin

by endorfin

stunning bike AND pic's! :thumbup:

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

I re-weighed the bike today. The last time I had it on the scale, it had a 1070 cassette and easton skewers. Now it has red cassette, kcnc skewers and garmin edge mount, speed sensor, and magnets. The new weight is 15lbs3oz. A new stem which I'll order this week will drop an ounce and I will consider veloplugs as well. I still have to cut the steerer down and there are some bolts I can change out for al. when I get some free time. I am totally happy with the bike as it sits and I would happily steer it down any sketchy descent or crappy road I would come across.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Cheers!

by Cheers!

BS!

You need to get to 14 lbs. DO IT! DO IT!!!!! You know you want to. oooOOOooo the allure of 14 lbs!

by the way, you know that easton offers a hub for Sram Red cassettes such that the rear plate doesn't eat through the cassette body. It also saves some weight.

There are 3 freehub bodies for Easton wheels. Sram Red specific. Campagnolo Specific. Shimano Specific.

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Snipped the quote... please don't quote the previous post in your response. Thanks, Powerful Pete

there is actually 4 r4sl hub bodies. A 10speed shimano and a 10spd 7800da shimano. If you have 9spd shimano or any sram besides red, you are stuck with the r4 fh.

g_doraz

by g_doraz

Looks great! Have you considered a career in photography?
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

micropox

by micropox

To 743power,

More pics please :) the front, rear and top view :) Also, did you get this as a frameset? is it in matt finish?

Very nice bike indeed.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

micropox wrote:To 743power,

Also, did you get this as a frameset? is it in matt finish?

Yeah that looks like the 2010 frame in matt finish.

The weight is not surprising and still very respectable. The only way to make a big difference at this point would be with the choice of wheelset. You have to stick with the bars that make your hands happy even if they are heavy.

I have a similar set up - an SL (also an M/L) with Red. My overall weight is a bit less because I am running Zipp 404 tubulars and a lighter bar. My attitude with this bike is to choose the best performing parts rather than the lightest. The overall package is so good I don't want any "weak links".

Overall very nice - ride the hell out of it and enjoy.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

giantchris

by giantchris

Nice bike, a cheap way to save some weight roughly 90 grams. Rox Ultralite rim strips, and Maxxis feather weight tubes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Mr.Gib wrote:
Yeah that looks like the 2010 frame in matt finish.

The weight is not surprising and still very respectable. The only way to make a big difference at this point would be with the choice of wheelset. You have to stick with the bars that make your hands happy even if they are heavy.

I have a similar set up - an SL (also an M/L) with Red. My overall weight is a bit less because I am running Zipp 404 tubulars and a lighter bar. My attitude with this bike is to choose the best performing parts rather than the lightest. The overall package is so good I don't want any "weak links".

Overall very nice - ride the hell out of it and enjoy.

I share your thoughts. I wanted to build a road bike that I could just get on every day and ride for hours without worries. I think I accomplished that quite well and I am sincerely stoked to ride this thing.

The only thing I have to change is the stem, I want to use the deda zero100 sc, but I cannot decide on black or white. I have been leaning toward the black, but some friends are telling me white. I am thinking it might be TOO white, especially if I decide to change my bars for a set of carbon bars in black. . .