Hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

drew

by drew

Joel wrote:I want to build some new race wheels. Rims are Ambrosio Crono 36 hole (342 real weight), spokes will be DT Aerolite or Sapim CX-Ray. I want to have the best hubs so weight comes at the 2nd place here. DT Hügi 240 and Tune come in 36 hole and normally DT 240s road too.

I have to ask, why 36 hole? I realize that you must ride a lot of cobbled/rough roads in Belgium, I know I sure did when I was there. But the strength benefit of 36 vs 32 is negligable. Are you a big guy?

Just a thought my Ksyriums SSC's have held up to a full season of cyclo-cross training and racing including the odd MTB trail and are still as true as the day I got them. Have never had a wheelset that I can say that about, including a trusty pair of old 32h Mavic GP4's, Mavic SSC hubs and tied and soldered 15g spokes. ahh they were the days :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Joel

by Joel

I weigh 68kg at the moment, next season >70 I think (1m86).
I still have another pair of racing wheels, but I want to ride tubulars and the only light tubular rims available are Ambrosio Crono and Mavic Reflex.
The Cronos are hard to get, especially in 32, but I have 4 of them with 36 holes. But I think I'll try to find them in 28. And yeah the Belgian roads are bad, I've never ridden a race with no hole in the road :lol:

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

If you loko around, you can still find good light tubular rims. Hell, being in Europe, I think it would be easier. Anyway, I am using FIR Isidis rims(330 grams) still, and you can get them for $45 new here in the states.

They're strong enough to hold up to me racing cyclocross on them with only 28 spokes!

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

I've seen just this month both Isidis and Crono 20 rims in 28h. Even Crono rims in 32h. All new in the wrapper. So they do exist still.
Ride lightly!

manny

by manny

How about these hubs. Front 92g Rear 202g. They are ti and can be drilled however you want them.
Attachments
titanhusbs (2).jpg

Tsielio

by Tsielio

also got the mail from cees ??? :D

optimo

by optimo

Hi Manny,
Nice hubs where can i get them ( living in Holland )

regards Optimo

Joel

by Joel

I go for the Cronos with 28 hole, DT Aerolite spokes and Fr hub Spada, rear Zipp

manny

by manny

No, I didn't get the mail from Cees, but these are ADAs, contact them directly to find out how long it will take to get a set.