Scott fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

arinowner

by arinowner

I recently bought a Scott Addict R4. Upon further inspection I noticed that there are 2 cracks around the dropouts on the fork. So instead of getting an OEM fork, I want to try the aftermarket. However I do know nor can I find the rake measurement for the Addict fork. I am looking at a Ritchey WCS fork. It's being sold in 2 versions. A 43mm or a 45mm. It would be nice to know if I can get the correct rake.
If anyone knows if the Addict fork is a 43mm or 45mm or whatever it is, could you let me know please?
1 cross thread is better than 2 lock washers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dukey

by dukey

Funny, I have a similar problem, I bought a used R2 but the steerer is a bit short. Have you verified if the crown-axle is the same as the original fork as well?

arinowner

by arinowner

Crap...I knew I forgot something. It's still at the shop. I'll check monday.

Doolop

by Doolop

Skip the WCS, go for an edge composites.

mythical

by mythical

Scott Addict forks are a bit tricky. They're about 1cm taller crown-to-axle. Put a shorter fork in and it'll totally mess up the geometry.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

arinowner

by arinowner

Ok. I measured my fork from middle of the dropout to crown in a straight line and got 380mm. Now I have to find that measurement on a Ritchey WCS...

merkyworks

by merkyworks

just an FYI if you are the original owner and have a proof of purchase you can go to a Scott dealer and Scott will warranty the fork for the cosmetic crack in the paint. i have seen this issue with some of the forks that are painted and not bare carbon. paint doesn't want to flex like the carbon does and so it cracks but the carbon under is still ok and not damaged.

arinowner

by arinowner

I thought about that. This could be tricky. The bike was bought by a sponsor of a well known racing team here in the US. The bike was crashed and the top tube was cracked. A very small crack mind you but still a crack. The handlebars swung around and hit the top tube from the side. I don't know if the frame was replaced by a frame replacemeny policy or what but all I know is the frame and fork had been sitting up at my favorite bike shop all summer long. After I took pictures of the crack on the top tube and sent them to Calfee, who said it could easily be fixed, did I ask to buy the frameset. I picked it up for almost free. It was a cash deal. Then I found the cracks in the fork. Still, I think I made a good deal. I happen to know the director of the team and will ask him the details of the frame when he gets back into town. Maybe I can persuade him to help me out.
Just a note.... I did find out that the Addict fork is proprietary. I will have to purchase another Addict fork if everything falls through with the original owner. Findiing out what the rake is on the original fork is now a mute point.....

SEQUIPA

by SEQUIPA

So what the rake after all?

43 or 45?

sharkman

by sharkman

Do yourself a favour and get yourself a original fork. Tried a lot of forks in the addict but nothing beat the original that makes a perfect match with the frame. I know they are expensive but i think I might be able to help you out since I have a few spares (all depending on the steerer length you need, drop me a pm.)
Last edited by sharkman on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

And they are light.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

sricardo

by sricardo

Hi, Now I have some problem. My fork broken and I can't find other R4. could someone help me? Do you know the size? or one other brand I can use in replace? thanks a lot

bones

by bones

mythical wrote:Scott Addict forks are a bit tricky. They're about 1cm taller crown-to-axle. Put a shorter fork in and it'll totally mess up the geometry.

What is the axle-to-crown height on the Scott Addict fork?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com