Light carbon seatpost (reasonable price)

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

elasto

by elasto

Im looking for a carbon seatpost for a reasonable price in 31.6mm and ~350mm length. I now have a Thomson Elite seatpost 31.6mm/367mm 223g. KCNC would be light but i would really like to have a carbon one because i like the look of them. Price should be around 100-200 euro. I have been looking for a Syntace P6 Carbon but the weight is not so good (205g). AX Lightness Europa or Schmolke TLO would be best but a little bit too expensive. What about Ritchey? They seem to have some posts with only one bolt system. How do they perform next to the Thomson? Two bolt system in Thomson is one of the best i have had so i really would not like to sacrifice the performance. Any suggestions for a new seatpost?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

New Ultimate or cheaper and a bit heavier saso/cycle king off ebay.

You can also go with a custom one. A few people can do that too 8)

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

jacob-evers

by jacob-evers

Last edited by jacob-evers on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

chrisMTB

by chrisMTB

I have the Vortex seatpost in 31.6 x 350, same as the cycle king just different decals. So far so good, I have been using it for a year and for only $65usd I'm more than happy.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

http://jensonusa.com/ is having a sale.
EC90 seatpost for 89 USD

njee20

by njee20

New Ultimate.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

+1 on the New Ultimate...they come in natural carbon and white...you can also cut them shorter.

elasto

by elasto

Thank you for answers! The New Ultimate seatpost is exactly what im looking for. Is there any rider weight limit for it? I weight around 80-85kg with driving gear on. What is the best place to buy it inside the EU?

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

elasto wrote:Thank you for answers! The New Ultimate seatpost is exactly what im looking for. Is there any rider weight limit for it? I weight around 80-85kg with driving gear on. What is the best place to buy it inside the EU?

90 Kg

njee20

by njee20

elasto wrote:Thank you for answers! The New Ultimate seatpost is exactly what im looking for. Is there any rider weight limit for it? I weight around 80-85kg with driving gear on. What is the best place to buy it inside the EU?

Yep, 90kg as above. [unsolicited advertising]

1415chris

by 1415chris

Interested as well, sent PM.

elasto

by elasto

njee20 wrote:

Yep, 90kg as above. [unsolicited advertising]

Im not in such a hurry but i will keep it in mind! Now im going to finish my project with the Thomson i allready have.

Marcel Frenk

by Marcel Frenk

I am very satisfied with my New Ultimate carbon seatpost. In use since spring 2007, has gathered some damage but still holds.
A good product, the price is reasonable.

elasto

by elasto

http://www.actionsports.de/Seatposts-Cl ... 24114.html

Is this the same post as New Ultimate? Looks like same and specs seems like same too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbsteven

by jbsteven

elasto wrote:http://www.actionsports.de/Seatposts-Clamps/Fun-Works-S-Light-Sattelstuetze-Carbon-Pro-120g::24114.html

Is this the same post as New Ultimate? Looks like same and specs seems like same too.

very similar. I have 2 New Ultimates and the upper clamps are silver. bottom one is black and looks slightly different than the one pictured.

If I needed another post and they were in the US I would buy one of those.