Upgrade to phpBB3

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Stats

by Stats

i got this error today and am continuing to get it over the previous weeks/months as well... (see attached)

Also, whilst some hyperlinks open a new browsing window for you (hyperlinks to other websites for eg) not all hyperlinks do this and some still replace the topic you're reading... all pictures also replace the forum topic you are currently browsing (try clicking the picture below for eg). The old version (and the way i prefer) is for a new window to open when clicking on any link or picture within a post, so i do not lose my place in the forum topic on what i am reading especially if later posts refer to the picture or hyperlink.

Other than those 2 modifications, the new version is good.
Attachments
wwerror.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Stats wrote:i got this error today and am continuing to get it over the previous weeks/months as well... (see attached)

Also, whilst some hyperlinks open a new browsing window for you (hyperlinks to other websites for eg) not all hyperlinks do this and some still replace the topic you're reading... all pictures also replace the forum topic you are currently browsing (try clicking the picture below for eg). The old version (and the way i prefer) is for a new window to open when clicking on any link or picture within a post, so i do not lose my place in the forum topic on what i am reading especially if later posts refer to the picture or hyperlink.

Other than those 2 modifications, the new version is good.

I keep getting that error message as well. Some days I can get it 2-3 times a day.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

In the PM menu there's still one button with German text named "Gesicherte Nachrichten", no matter what board language you choose:
German.png

Can you change this to English?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

No, not yet. ;)
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

there is!

go to you message folder and click: Rules, folders & settings. Then change the folder name.

Problem solved.
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

But why is the folder name in German as default, when the rest of the forum text is in English?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

How should i know? :noidea:

I at least came up with the sollution ;) :beerchug:

gandini

by gandini

Announcements:
I guess I only recently noticed the "announcements" threads at the top of the forums. Was that always there? Is there a trigger to make them appear? and what determines the content of the announcements panel?

Thanks for any information.

Phil

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

To answer your questions:

- The announcements have always been there.
- They come and go as moderators and administrators can create them.
- In your case the lightness of your bike dominates the nature of the announcement.

We are trying to create a more weight concerned WW again in stead of the pro tour concerned forum it is now. A couple of super light bikes in the gallery is part of that.

thanks

gandini

by gandini

Thanks for the information, Frankie! Much appreciated, especially the return to a focus on weight (its loss, and effects...)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

When can we see your bike then Frankie? :P

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

As soon as it gets light enough for that big a frame ;) (58)

toshi

by toshi

Perhaps you guys are already aware, but the active topics page does not work:

search.php?st=1&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&search_id=active_topics

Redddraggon

by Redddraggon

toshi wrote:Perhaps you guys are already aware, but the active topics page does not work:

search.php?st=1&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&search_id=active_topics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I noticed that this morning. PMed Frankie about it.

Using "View new posts" rather than "View active topics" seems to work though

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

toshi wrote:Perhaps you guys are already aware, but the active topics page does not work

I updated the forum software to the latest 3.0.6 last night, which fixed a bug that showed this functionality though it was deactivated by default.
I just enabled it manually for the discussion forums, so it works now again as in the past.

If you come across any other anomalies, let me know.
Image Image