chain for 10sp campy

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

manny

by manny

I'm looking for a good chain that can be easily removed for cleaning and transporting. I don't want to spend the money for a wipperman ti, they wear out way too quick and cost about $300. The stainless wipperman weighs over 300g. It will be used on a campy '04 drivetrain. Has anyone used a sram 89r hollowpin on a 10sp campy? Any suggestions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JTC

by JTC

I am using the Wipperman now on a 10spd drive train and it it works well on my campy stuff (i.e. campy cassette). Howerver it does not seem to work well on other cassettes. I have tried it on an AC cassette and it shifted horrably (ramps a little different I guess?). I have just ordered the KMC X10 chain (229g advertised) from Cambria (http://www.cambriabike.com/road/chains/index.htm). Not sure how it shifts as I have yet to try it. I have the same delima as I will be transporting my bike to Belgium in the Spring. You might try the IRD, or SRAM chains. Let me know what works best for you if you try them.

manny

by manny

Mantrpro, I looked on the website and saw their snap link that appears to go with existing campy chains. Have you ever used this snap link with a campy chain or is it intended for use with their chain? Have you ever used their 10sp chain? Do you know the weight and how it perfromed? Anyone with info please respond.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

I use their 10s link with a Campy chain. Works perfectly, and I can clean my chain how I like to :D
Ride lightly!

mises

by mises

I think the KMC chain weight on Cambria is a typo. Probably supposed to be 292g, but it sure caught my eye too.

manny

by manny

JTC, thanks for the reply. Please let me know about the KMC chain. I have a feeling one of two things will happen concerning that chain. It will either not weigh what they say it does, or will wear out faster than even a ti chain. When you get it in please weigh it and let me know. Hope you prove me wrong.

optimo

by optimo

I have a KMC X10 on my bike and i only can say its a super chain.
After 4000 km its still perfect the weight is on my 58 cad 7 is 289 grams,and the lite one is still a prototype.
I phoned with KMC and they told me it wil come out summer 2004!!!!!
the gold one x10 in feb.

regards OPTIMO

MantraPro

by MantraPro

I've just ordered a IRD chain, and haven't recieved it yet, so i don't know how it performes :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com