Neo Exile

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

Musiker wrote:it would have been nicer if it was written with same types as the two other decals

that makes sense. thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Raxel

by Raxel

I'll put some nice decal saying exile uberlight on my GF's naked frame. :mrgreen:

Any info on upcoming new frameset? BB30, tapered headtube and ISP?

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

Raxel wrote:I'll put some nice decal saying exile uberlight on my GF's naked frame. :mrgreen:

Any info on upcoming new frameset? BB30, tapered headtube and ISP?

you'll see next week..

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Oooh you dirty little tease you! :lol:

Musiker

by Musiker

Wheels arrived - bike is now ready to ride..
Weighs in at: 6.82kg - Need a bottle cage and thats about it.. Will post a list with the actual weights when I have a bit more time..

semaj

by semaj

Musiker wrote:Took the plunge and ordered a Neo Exile frame and I could finally pick it up yesterday
All in all I am very satisfied with the finish.
Had the following issues sofar:
- Back mounting hole for the brake needed to be grated before I could get the brake mounted.
- A screw keeping the guide for cable under the BB needed to be cut shorter in order for the BB to go in.
- Also the BB threading was kinda rough and needed some cleaning/redrilling before the BB could be mounted without force.

[img/]http://yanoo.dk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/DSC_0309_SCALED.JPG[/img]
Build have just started. Since it is my first build I am pretty excited..

Code: Select all

Weights the ones with "actual" Is weighed by me, rest is listed and a few is guesses:
Frame Neo Exile                                    970g Actual
Fork Neo Exile                                     330g Uncut Actual
Sram Force                                        2147 Actual
Wheels Halo Mercury                               1546
Speedplay Light Action CroMo                       210
Seatpost Neo Exile                                 190 Actual
Seat Selle Italia SLR KIT Carbonio                 125
Nokon Brake cables                                 150 guess
Headset Chorus Hiddenset TTC headset 1 1/8"         82   
Specialized S Works SL Handle Bar                  225 Actual
Stem FSA OS-99 110 mm                               98g Actual
Spacers Carbon Spacerset UltraSpace BHP-35, set     13g (For all?)
Bottle Cage                                         40
Bike computer, spare tubes                         500 (guess)
Tyres                                              540
Total                                             7198

I just received my Neo Exile frame and have the same screw problem as well. How did you go about grating the screw? Is it possible for me to just buy a replacement screw? If so, what kind / type of screw do I need to purchase?

Anyone know?

Musiker

by Musiker

I just sawed the excess threading off..

Musiker

by Musiker

:mrgreen: :thumbup: Woot!
I just did a few rounds around the block. Just to test everything out and get my position adjusted. Apart from a few "pling" sounds from the wheels everything was smoooth!!
Can't say that I have ridden enough to know how it feels for real, but my first impressions..
SRAM Force:
- The shifting is much faster and more instant on the Force than my Ultegra, but my ultegra is pretty old.
- Front shifting is 100% smooth. I read that some have experienced problems with SRAM front derilliurs, but mine is shifting like a dream!
- Initially I find the SRAM shifters a bit akward to shift (in an ergonomical sense), compared to my old Ultegra, but I realise that it could just be a matter of habit.

Halo Mercury Wheels:
- No apparent twisting under me (62kgs), with the force I was able to push with in my walking shoes..
- Freehub is a bit louder than my old Ultegra, but not as loud as many others.
- Weight for wheels complete with Hope Ti skewers, Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX 320, bontrager tube and rimtape is
Front: 1,00kg
Rear: 1,25kg (incl casette 10speed force)
- They did make a few "plings" the first few times I stepped hard on the pedals, hope they stay true ;)

Neo Exile Frame:
- It feels nice, easy handling and very responsive!
- Smoother ride than my Alu frame. And compared to it, a big step up in comfort

Well - I need a few long trips to really throw a verdict, but for now I am a happy camper.. Just need some better weather forecasts..

mcrdave

by mcrdave

Good stuff, glad to hear you're enjoying the new toy. I rode mine today also, might be the last time this year before the manchester weather says no more Neo!

Musiker

by Musiker

Yeah, most likely also my last chance today.. So I grabbed it as Sun showed up here in Copenhagen, made a 60km ride to test everything out, lovely.

Impressions:
- SRAM shifters are not as ergonomic as my Shimano.. At least not to my rather big and unflexy hands. I will give them a chance, but sofar I am not impressed by the ergonomics. Especially the front derailleur give me trouble I find the shifter have to be pushed very far to make the shifting.. Dowards is ok.
- Rubber on SRAM hoods is too sticky and makes it even more difficult when using gloves and shifting the front derailleur up to the big chainring while riding the hoods.

The frame handles nicely, not 100 times better than my old one, but the parts it really shines in are:
- Bumps in the roads are less notable.
- Riding standing, I feel the bike literally jumps forward below me, dunno if it is the weight difference (2,2kg lighter than old bike) or just my imagination.
- Accelerating is much easier, getting up in speed is very easy..

Things I have to get used to, or look into:
- When doing a series of tight short turns (slalom) (I had to try) it feels somewhat flexy - Don't have much to compare with, but it was more than I liked, seemed as it was about to go into resonance (does that make sense), but I did not feel un secure going downhill (no real descents here in Denmark, just hills) or turning corners..
- Need to adjust my hoods a bit (Note to self: Do not apply handlebar tape until you have tested hoods on a 30k+ ride)

semaj

by semaj

Musiker,

I just received my Neo Exile frame a few days ago. Does your frame come with an indentation on the seat tube like mine?

I've never seen/noticed anything like that on the seat tube of a bike. Is this out of the ordinary?

Musiker

by Musiker

Yes I figured it was to improve the strength of the tube, when using a Clamp on Derailleur, but in retrospect I can't think of why a groove like that should improve strength... Maybe its for something else..

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

It's to make sure the FD doesn't hit the frame when shifting to the small ring. A lot of frames has similar "dents".

semaj

by semaj

Mario Jr. wrote:It's to make sure the FD doesn't hit the frame when shifting to the small ring. A lot of frames has similar "dents".

Ah that clears it up! Thank you for your response Mario. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Musiker

by Musiker

Waiting for Bottle Cages. Ordered two Planet X - Hope they keep the bottles secure, also on rough roads 8) :