weight weenies kit?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
djconnel

by djconnel

Champion doesn't charge based on the complexity of the pattern: they, as far as I can tell, basically laser-print the fabric, rather than generate screens. Which is why I like them.... Squadra is being used for the jersey and shorts, based on the quality of the clothing itself. They follow a more traditional silkscreen model of charge by color, non-scalable graphics. I've not seen the Champion caps, but their "Euro" cap is relatively thin (which I like) rather than the type with the large pad (not Weight-Weenie compliant, and doesn't fit well under helmets).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

What are we looking at price wise...?

And is shipping to the ends of the earth (ie: Australia) an option?

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Price will be between 130-150USD (depending on numbers) for Short Sleeve Jersey and Shorts, everything else is extra. After I get all the numbers together I will update the total. I am working out shipping to most places on earth right now. I will not be able to tell you how much it'll cost to x country right this moment but should have it all sorted by the end of the week.

All instructions of payment will be included in the order thread. I cannot give you a specific date but expect it within 2 weeks. Of course I can start it now but I will not ship outside U.S. if that was the case, so I'm choosing to wait since we have plenty of international members.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

djconnel wrote:Champion doesn't charge based on the complexity of the pattern: they, as far as I can tell, basically laser-print the fabric, rather than generate screens.... snip... I've not seen the Champion caps, but their "Euro" cap is relatively thin (which I like) rather than the type with the large pad...

Grazie djconnel, now I geddit. :thumbup:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

djconnel

by djconnel

I fixed the sleeve pattern on the LS jersey. Looks a bit better now.

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

i hope you guys sort this soon out!

And...thanks so much for making this happen! :wink:
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

djconnel

by djconnel

On my end, the design is done as long as everyone is happy with it. The shoe covers could also get the "watermark", but I was thinking it's best to keep those simple, as shoes get dirty.

When we've got quantities, I submit art to Squadra and/or Champion, then they get back to me with proofs, which I evaluate. I'll need a Pantone code on that orange, if anyone has one....

It should be straightforward.

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

Dj...how do you want to be contacted for quantities? Do you want ppl to let you know how many pieces here on the forum? or is it better to email you and give the order with what we would like to have?

:noidea:
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

djconnel

by djconnel

Szczuldo is handling the order.... I'm handing artwork. He'll post an XLS order form which will be emailed to him.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

So either "Squadra and/or Champion" are going to make the clothes? Do they sell them at cycling shops so I can try on the stuff before ordering?
I have a hard time finding stuff that is thin(athletic cut?) and long(torso) in the jerseys. Also bibs are a pain in my anus when it comes to finding ones that have shoulder straps that won't pull the bottoms up smashing my balls.
Any heads up on the brand would be nice so I can try them on locally(if possible).
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

djconnel

by djconnel

Squadra used to be affiliated with Castelli, but are now independent. I am not sure, therefore, if the fit matches. That's a good question to ask them....

Champion will be only for the shoe covers and the caps. Caps come only in one size.

Dan

Irighti

by Irighti

Awesome Work djconnel!

I am new to the group, but will definately be in on the kit purchase.

Good info in your blog also.

Thanks

Irighti

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

djconnel wrote:That's a good question to ask them....

So I called he sales dude Dave(nice guy) over there at Squadra and he says the clothes fits close to Pearl Izumi stuff. He added the feel of the jerseys are plush and stretchy and the bibs have long legs(inseam toward knee).

Time for me to try on some Pearl stuff (^_^).
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

djconnel

by djconnel

First, thanks again for the nice words on the design, and thanks to BugMan for the info on fit! I'll be on the lookout for Pearl instead of Castelli....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Pearl is very, very nice stuff. and the fit is superb!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!