weight weenies kit?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
djconnel

by djconnel

I came up with a double-W I like.... Revised in same URL.

Dan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

I love the look of this one. I like the double W also as it's a nice touch to the ww'ers. First i was thinking more of a euskaltil-orange but i've to admit that this colour seems very nice! What brand will be chosen for the jerseys?
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

djconnel

by djconnel

Well, what I think it comes down to is who's willing to collect orders and sell jerseys? Fairwheelbikes has been proposed, but not by Fairwheelbikes. Taking orders, packing & shipping is a big pain in the chamois. Fairwheelbikes clothing appears to be Champion System. For example, Bike Nüt uses Voler. Personally, of the two the Champion jersey fits me better (Voler has too much volume, no elastic to make up for it), but the Voler shorts are good (I've not tried Champion). Champion has scalable graphics, which means graphics will look the same on XS as on XL, while most use fixed-size graphics, which tends to put the squeeze on XS while XL tends to be all background, unless size-specific screens are generated (need volume to offset increased fixed cost for this, not typically done).

Of course, there's many other options. Champion System and Voler are near the bottom of the cost-spectrum, and with reason. VOMax, Pactimo, Primal Wear, Louis Garneau, Hincapie, Castelli-Squadra, all come to mind as well. But I think the first decision is who's going to handle customer orders: that entity then gets special influence in manufacturing choice.

slyboots

by slyboots

Please-please, let it NOT be club-fit. Competition-fit + stretching material would be best. :)
Huge cloth bubble around the waist and stretched down pockets are ugly.

djconnel

by djconnel

A nice thing about Voler is, however, even in the race fit, I can stuff an entire load of groceries under the jersey after shopping on my way home from a ride :).

Pactimo race fit is the slimmest I've tried. Good stuff: feels like a race jersey. I think Louis Garneau and VOMax are in between the two. It's been a long time since I've tried Squadra, and have never tired Hincapie or Primal.

Generally orders can split between club and race cut. Frankly more cycling miles are ridden by club cutters than race cutters. There's a lot of bulky torsos out there. Champion even has a warning that just because you race crits doesn't mean you're not club cut.

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

What about Bioracer? I've to admit that they're located in Belgium and i think the majority of forummers are from the USA...
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

djconnel

by djconnel

Giordana was also recommended, as well. They're sort of slow, and I can't find their templates on-line, but their quality is highly regarded.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

djconnel wrote:I came up with a double-W I like.... Revised in same URL.
Dan

I like that one a LOT.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

djconnel

by djconnel

Thanks! I played around with colors on the morning train:
  • Original orange
  • Just the green component
  • Just the red component
By just using the color components of the orange, it seems to avoid clash. Introducing a blue component seems to class with the weenie.

I think I like the orange the most, as unoriginal as it is. Comment?

slyboots

by slyboots

Orange is the best. Red is the worst.
What do you mean by "unoriginal"? I don't see much orange kits around, mostly white/blue/red.

djconnel

by djconnel

slyboots wrote:Orange is the best. Red is the worst.
What do you mean by "unoriginal"? I don't see much orange kits around, mostly white/blue/red.

Thanks. Unoriginal in that given orange for the weenie as a constraint, it doesn't take enormous imagination to choose the same orange for basically everything else :).

slyboots

by slyboots

Hm...
Then how did they come up with this design: http://www.starbike.com/php/product_info.php?lang=en&pid=7841?
I think orange is original! :)

djconnel

by djconnel

slyboots wrote:how did they come up with this design?

I think we want to look forward, not back.... :)

I'm glad you like the jersey design. BTW, I welcome suggestions for design changes or additions. It looks like we may be able to make this happen.

kytyree

by kytyree

I like the orange and green. On the red if the lighter "W" was a different color maybe a silver or gray I think I would like it better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

red is not a good colour for a kit...we all know of that picture.

Green doesn't look half bad but i still think orange looks the best.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.