All3sports Update

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeTech

by BikeTech

Patrick is the owner of the said business, so it would be in his best interest to set things right. In my dealings with him, he has been a class act. Give Patrick a call SL.

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

I agree with being able to share your experiences, bad or good, with other forum members... but those of us listening should not be so quick to pass such harsh judgement. I hope the situation with Superlite is clarified.
BILL NIKO, YOU WILL NOT EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

superlite, you have a legal cause of action against the company. you could file a small claims court lawsuit. you could sue them for the amount that they owe you. you might be able to sue them in colorado, depending on the laws there. but, you need to make sure that the colorado courts would have personal jurisdiction over them.

if colorado courts do have jurisdiction over the company (they did send a defective product to you), then you may be able to sue them in colorado. all3sports (don't know what location they are in), may not want to litigate, or may not show up in court, rendering a default judgement in your favor, then getting the money back for you.

drjones96

by drjones96

All buisinesses make mistakes. It's up the buisiness to make it right. If they make it right then no foul. If they refuse to do so then they deserve what they get. In SL's case he was sent a defective product. The only appropriate action could have been to give him his money back or send him a non-defective product in exchange with a sincere apology. None of that happened so they deserve to be flamed.

nexusheli

by nexusheli

All buisinesses make mistakes. It's up the buisiness to make it right. If they make it right then no foul. If they refuse to do so then they deserve what they get. In SL's case he was sent a defective product. The only appropriate action could have been to give him his money back or send him a non-defective product in exchange with a sincere apology. None of that happened so they deserve to be flamed.

I'm not taking sides, but this thinking is flawed. You've only heard from one party on this. I could tell you that Ford screwed me over by selling me a car with a dent in it, but who's here to say I didn't run it into a pole? You can't assume anyone here is right or wrong.

They don't deserve to be flamed until the last option has been explored (talking with Patrick, the Owner and giving him a chance to make it right) and then if nothing has been done to make it right, that's when they deserve to be flamed. How do we know he didn't talk to some part-time shop-rat that only cares about getting an employee discount on parts so he can build his own bike?

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

:up: :exactly:
BILL NIKO, YOU WILL NOT EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

drjones96

by drjones96

nexusheli wrote:I'm not taking sides, but this thinking is flawed. You've only heard from one party on this. I could tell you that Ford screwed me over by selling me a car with a dent in it, but who's here to say I didn't run it into a pole? You can't assume anyone here is right or wrong.

Assuming that SL didn't completely lie about this and install the seat and beat the crap out of it for a few thousand miles, that SL had no prior knowledge of the damage to the product, and the understanding was that he purchased it in New, Unused and Non-defective condition then he should have been given a refund or an exchange.

BUT....

Some online and mail order stores do have a restocking fee if the product was not returned within a pre-determined period of time. If this is the case and SL didn't get the saddle back to them in time then they have the right charge him for the restocking. Also if there was a notice before the time of purchase that returns were subject to a restocking regardless of the situation then they were also entitled to not provide a full refund.

Example: I ordered a pair of Sidi's for my wife. They got here and didn't fit right so I was going to send them back for the correct size but I wasn't really in a hurry. I waited a few weeks then went to ship them back for an exchange. I got the paperwork together and started reading then I had to run out the door to UPS because the reciept said I had 30 days from the time they were perchased to get them back for a refund or exchange or there would be a restocking fee. Fortunately I got them there on time. Otherwise I would only have had myself to blame for not getting an even exchange.

nexusheli wrote:They don't deserve to be flamed until the last option has been explored (talking with Patrick, the Owner and giving him a chance to make it right) and then if nothing has been done to make it right, that's when they deserve to be flamed. How do we know he didn't talk to some part-time shop-rat that only cares about getting an employee discount on parts so he can build his own bike?

SL could have talked to a "shop-rat" as you say but he was a representative of the store. Your employees can make or break your buisiness. After all a buisness is only as good as its people. As far as SL knew he was talking to the highest authority at the store. If this wasn't the case then maybe he should call them back and ask for the manager on the phone to see if he can get a better result. Personally I think it's rubbish to have to appeal to a higher authority. The person you talk to on the phone at a buisiness should be qualified and have the authourity to handle minor problems such as this in a fair manner.

nexusheli

by nexusheli

drjones96: I agree with most of your reply in theory, but in reality it's an entirely different concept. I'm not going to argue any of this with you, I'm simply going to say one thing for you to think about in regards to this:
Personally I think it's rubbish to have to appeal to a higher authority. The person you talk to on the phone at a business should be qualified and have the authourity to handle minor problems such as this in a fair manner.

If you ran a bike shop of any sort, would you want an 18 year old kid okaying a $200 return/refund? While it may be a minor problem, the individual handling the situation has to be business savvy enough to know when to say no. The customer is not "always right" and many businesses have had to learn this the hard way.

Superlite

by Superlite

OK, update on the situation.

Since some of you guys have had great experiances with all3sports I scratched my head, so I took some of your guys advice and contacted Patrick, the owner of All3sports.

He was very curtious and took care of the problem no questions asked and was happy to help out, nice guy.

To correct myself from the original post I was not charged a 20% restocking fee which Patrick pointed out :sorry: that I thought I was, I was not given shipping refund ( about $21.00 ), but he has now gladly refunded the total amount to me of $180.00 + return shipping.

Guess I just got unlucky in the situation last month, but Patrick seems to be commited to 100% customer satisfaction and took care of me in the end.

Thanks Patrick, I take back what I said about being ripped off. :beerchug:

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Glad it all worked out.

If there was a sticky of bad dealings with retailers, I'm sure others that had positive experiences would chime up and defend said business.

nexusheli

by nexusheli

I knew Patrick would take care of you.

big fellow

by big fellow

well good to hear that it was all sorted out, even with a bit of humble pie with some egg on face thrown in for good measure :wink:

wonder if i should share my internet buying horroe story... hmmmm