Project Scott

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Nothing too out of the ordinary here but a good solid build.
Stem: Syntace
Bar: EC90
Seatpost:m2Racer
Seat: Aliante
Shifters: Dura ace
Brakes: 0G
Cranks: Pulsion
BB: American Classic
Pedals: keo Ti
Deraileurs: Dura ace
Chain Dura ace
Housing: Nokons
Cables: Powercordz
Wheels: Race X Lite
Tires: Diamante Pro

Weight is 14.4 lbs with the clinchers. Should loose alot when the tubs go on.
Attachments
smP5080008.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Nice. Is this your personal bike, or a customer's?

alienator

by alienator

Hey! I know that parking garage. 6th st. Right across from Fairwheel Bikes. Desert Southwest.

anubis

by anubis

Sorry, but I find those Scott frames ugly. Did you see the fork? :unbelievable: It's not lightweight and it's real ugly.

If there was one or two of these frames on the forum, OK, but they come in hordes ... :roll: and do always look similar. :noidea:

:sorry:

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

madcow, wouldn't you be violating the warranty using the m2racer seatpost? as far as i know, you aren't supposed to use anything other than 31.6 mm, which is why i didn't get one.

Carbonman

by Carbonman

How are the Powercordz working ? Any feedback ?

Nice bike and a few areas to get that weight down.

Don't listen to the anti-Scott movement :D If something is really good then of course a lot of people are going to purchase it.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

brianwchan wrote:Nice. Is this your personal bike, or a customer's?

Its one I built for a customer

alienator wrote:Hey! I know that parking garage. 6th st. Right across from Fairwheel Bikes. Desert Southwest.

Correct

mike wrote:madcow, wouldn't you be violating the warranty using the m2racer seatpost? as far as i know, you aren't supposed to use anything other than 31.6 mm, which is why i didn't get one.

It would violate the warranty. M2posts in 31.6, 280, 300 and 350 lengths, available to the public in 2 weeks.

Carbonman wrote:How are the Powercordz working ? Any feedback ?

They work well, the combination of cordz and nokons is not as good on shimano as campy. Its harder for the housing to support itself with the long exposed sections on the shifter. But overall its a pretty good performance.

drjones96

by drjones96

anubis wrote:Sorry, but I find those Scott frames ugly. Did you see the fork? :unbelievable: It's not lightweight and it's real ugly.

If there was one or two of these frames on the forum, OK, but they come in hordes ... :roll: and do always look similar. :noidea:

:sorry:

Well...you know what they say about opinions....

Some people actually like the look of the Scott frames; believe it or not. The Team fork I believe is heavier than the Limited. Another Scott owner could possibly elaborate on this. I think it's heavier for increased stiffness and durability though. Madcow's customer may have requested this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sharkman

by sharkman

The new aero forks aren't that heavy anymore. Got two over here (one team and one limited) but uncut and weighing 362 and 365 gramms which is not bad for such a "massive" fork (do admit the EC90 or a de-badget HSC5 does look better).

Admit CR1 is not everybodies taste but so far it's simply the best, fastest and lightest frame I've ever had (about every high end frame over the years :twinkle: )