Lynskey R420

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Perfect, exactly why you are here Pez. If you have any more information feel free to share. I doubted my earlier comment and it's good to know for sure that the tubes were put together by the same hands (or at least those of a close worker) as the entire frame.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

I always thought Lynskey used drawn seemless 6/4 Ti... I guess I was wrong.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cyclist in the Sun

by Cyclist in the Sun

They don't DRAW their tubes from billet, they "just" do shaping of tubes (that they source) which is what is pictured. So the original comment could be correct in that the raw stock could come from the same place. In the US that means Haynes or Ancotec.

Lynskey don't own a titanium smelter and mill.

I doubt it though as I think Van Nicholas frames are made in China?

Grades of Ti are going to look similar no matter where they are made, there are only so many ways to make a tube. What goes on with regard to quality of the raw stock and the tubes is a different matter though.
A day isn't the same when I don't ride.

I work in the bicycle industry.

EpicRide

by EpicRide

Cyclist in the Sun wrote:I doubt it though as I think Van Nicholas frames are made in China?

If the frames are not built by Van Nicholas, then does anyone know who builds them?

corky

by corky

EpicRide wrote:
Cyclist in the Sun wrote:I doubt it though as I think Van Nicholas frames are made in China?

If the frames are not built by Van Nicholas, then does anyone know who builds them?

oops now I understand......

EpicRide

by EpicRide

corky wrote:oops now I understand......

Hmmm?

shabbasuraj
Shop Owner

by shabbasuraj

Cheers! wrote:I always thought Lynskey used drawn seemless 6/4 Ti... I guess I was wrong.

i believe 6/4 drawn tubes is rare and terribly expensive...thus 6/4 tubes come from sheets then welded.
Mass Weenie

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

EpicRide wrote:

www.ti-bicycle.com I think

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Any update on this bike? I am eager to hear how it rides.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

EpicRide

by EpicRide

Second that - it would also be nice to see more pictures of this shining armour. By the way, what's the lenght of the head tube - looks custom?
~ Men of steel need fibre ~

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

I've had a few unexpected expensive endeavors this summer so I'm a bit behind on the build. Since my last update all I've gotten was a seat post. The saddle is temporary until I find something which is lighter that I like. I've updated the first post with new pictures of the bike, and here are pictures of the new parts.

Ideally I plan to have this thing completed by the end of September.I'll just ask for bike parts and not booze for my 21st birthday. Then after it's completed I'll drink beer. :beerchug:

Headtube is 15.6cm and the frame is a house blend Medium-Large.

I'll get more pictures of the bike up soon.

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

More pictures of the bike

EpicRide

by EpicRide

Nice, Szczuldo. The Contour SS bend looks very comfortable.
~ Men of steel need fibre ~

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Chorus 11 speed on the way. Still waiting on a reply from Soul bikes to purchase their S2.0. I don't have money for anything else right now so I'm pretty set on this wheel and from the sound of it these are superb for their price. I'd go with their S3.0's but since I ran low on money I am going to use my Keo Sprints and San Marco Aspide Ti from my other bike for now and that puts me at a projected just under 6.8kg...I can't go above that, especially with the Weight Weenie Kit Order about to happen.

This bike will be complete in a couple of weeks (however long it takes to ship my group from the UK). I'll buy a lighter saddle and pedals early next year to put myself safely under the 6.8 mark.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I did a ride this week with my S2.0's and have to say i was impressed!

I know it's only one ride - but first impressions were very positive.

Felt as solid as other wheels I've ridden that are 500 grams heavier. And spin very well.

For the price they are very hard to beat i feel. And Sean is an excellent chap to deal with as well :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com