My DMT 259gram shoes are here!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Micke

by Micke

Great, I was just on my way top buy a pair of those top of the line DMT’s. But I just got an great offer on a pair of carnac, a old model but still a good one. I don’t find any picture on it, but it is the yellow/blue verison. In Swedish kroner they cost like 2800kr ordinary price, I can get them for 500 kr. The DMT’s is triple that price for me.

Should I go for the DMT’s? They feel more up to date and new are always nice.
//Micke

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andy17

by andy17

Won! race today first time with shoes, have stop rubbing, but did put plaster's and two pair's of socks on, fantastic race shoe, 10/10.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

but did put plaster's and two pair's of socks on, fantastic race shoe, 10/10.

Great socks too.............. :lol:

Congratulations with the win.

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

cadence90

by cadence90

Micke wrote:Great, I was just on my way top buy a pair of those top of the line DMT’s. But I just got an great offer on a pair of carnac, a old model but still a good one. I don’t find any picture on it, but it is the yellow/blue verison. In Swedish kroner they cost like 2800kr ordinary price, I can get them for 500 kr. The DMT’s is triple that price for me.

How can you possibly compare these 2 shoes? :?
Not in terms of performance, but in terms of fit.
They are very different; if one of these brands fits you well, then the other surely won't.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

andy17

by andy17

First race with D.M.T,s and a win, must be the shoes,
Attachments
BlagdonHill.jpg

divve

by divve

....I don't know....my shoes certainly wouldn't fit right if I wore two pairs of socks.

andy17

by andy17

2 pair's of Socks was just temporary, to allow time for a small sore to heal, which i think was cause by the plastic on the upper's, which comes up higher then my sidi shoes, also my sidi's have vary soft fabric so that the skin there was quite soft.

Micke

by Micke

cadence90 wrote:
Micke wrote:Great, I was just on my way top buy a pair of those top of the line DMT’s. But I just got an great offer on a pair of carnac, a old model but still a good one. I don’t find any picture on it, but it is the yellow/blue verison. In Swedish kroner they cost like 2800kr ordinary price, I can get them for 500 kr. The DMT’s is triple that price for me.

How can you possibly compare these 2 shoes? :?
Not in terms of performance, but in terms of fit.
They are very different; if one of these brands fits you well, then the other surely won't.

I live in Sweden, I don't have the posibilite to try the shoes befour ordering them. I know that carnac shoes have a strange fit, but the fit-issue is nothing i can plan my buy on, unfortunaly.
//Micke

ms6073

by ms6073

Micke wrote:I live in Sweden, I don't have the posibilite to try the shoes befour ordering them.

Not sure if this going to help but I race in 2004 DMT Ultimax (white/black) and train with Specialized Carbon shoes which replaced 2 pair of Shimano R214's carbon soled shoes. I normally wear size 42 and prior to the Shimano shoes, I had Diadora's Veloce road shoe. In my experience, I had to get 42.5 with the Shimano shoes but when I replaced them with the Specialized and DMT's, I was able to go back to size 42 and I feel that the DMT's have a similar fit/feel as Diadora's current top of the line carbon road shoe.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"