So what happened to Carbonsports NA?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

lite pete

by lite pete

im not sure it all doom and gloom. its touch at the moment the economic climate unsteady to say the least all over the worldperhaps they have put all expansion plans on hold.

I recently had dealings with them amd to be fair the service i received was first class.
madcow was indicating all was not well in a previous thread i wonder if he could shed a bit more light on the subject

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'm sorry.... ummm.... yeah, still distracted by your avatar.... :shock:

Yeah...so.... what, again? Yeah... mhmmm... can you tell me a bit more about your avatar? Carbonsports what? Huh?
:shock:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

occor

by occor

hockinsk wrote:That 'Lightweight' logo looked like it was designed in Windows 3.1 WordPerfect in 1991, I saw it all coming years ago :D

Funny that you said that... I always thought they were beautiful wheels with an ugly logo.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Well, I had been undecided between getting a set of Lightweight Gen III or a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimates. I guess this info made the deciding for me. :noidea:

eigner

by eigner

occor wrote:
hockinsk wrote:That 'Lightweight' logo looked like it was designed in Windows 3.1 WordPerfect in 1991, I saw it all coming years ago :D

Funny that you said that... I always thought they were beautiful wheels with an ugly logo.

I kinda liked the subtle logos.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

Hello everybody,

this is David Bergmann from CarbonSports. As there have been so many interesting rumors about Lightweight we'll invite you to our booth no. 456 during this years "Interbike2009" to clear things up. You ll be also able to speak with our founder Erhard Wissler or to chat with our head of sales germany, the ex tour de france rider Jörg Ludewig.

Kind regards,
David
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

53x12

by 53x12

:popcorn:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

GrahamB

by GrahamB

It has become hard to see the benefits of an expensive, 1-piece, non-repairable wheel when it is now possible to build
something as light and stiff (or stiffer) using carbon rims with conventional spokes and hubs for less money.
Graham

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

GrahamB wrote:It has become hard to see the benefits of an expensive, 1-piece, non-repairable wheel when it is now possible to build
something as light and stiff (or stiffer) using carbon rims with conventional spokes and hubs for less money.

Depends on how you define stiff. The big advantage on the LW's is the torsional stiffness, which is much larger than a ordinary spoked wheel.

http://www.lightweight.info/eng/downloa ... ov2008.pdf

pritchet74

by pritchet74

The stiffness is just about the only good thing about them though. They are wicked expensive, a broken spoke means the wheel is trashed, and the aerodynamics is poor for a deep section rim.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Hm, I think Adriens test shows a more than ok properties in that regard: http://a10.idata.over-blog.com/0/02/72/ ... nglish.jpg