HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Kristina wrote:
What is the color of the Hope rotors? Is it red or pink?


Hi Kristina,

they are a mix between red and mud hehe.

BTW - fantastic spark you have.

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:03 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:23 pm
Posts: 92
:D

_________________
MTB - Van Nicholas Zion
Road - Van Nicholas Euros


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
have you installed your 26/38 chainrings in the inner and middleposition on your clavicula crankset? How do you like the chainline - no problems riding big/big?

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:23 pm
Posts: 92
Mads Kock wrote:
have you installed your 26/38 chainrings in the inner and middleposition on your clavicula crankset? How do you like the chainline - no problems riding big/big?


Yes, I have. The chainline is O.K. There is absolutely no problem riding big/big. I am going to try 24t instead 26t ring for steep or long climbs.

_________________
MTB - Van Nicholas Zion
Road - Van Nicholas Euros


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
thanks for your answer.

How does the 38t feels - I don't know what kind of terrain you ride but don't you still a bigger gear in flats?

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 176
Location: lancashire
I never got chance to ride it with the Nude shock as I didnt have the lockout lever, I like the Fox shock as there is no fafing about with levers just get it tuned to your style of riding and forget about it ,it sprints like a hardtail but kicks in on the rough stuff

_________________
Scott spark LTD,Kinesis -crosslight PRO 5,kinesis evo,TK,Orbea alma,Canyon Ultimate cf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:23 pm
Posts: 92
Mads Kock wrote:
thanks for your answer.

How does the 38t feels - I don't know what kind of terrain you ride but don't you still a bigger gear in flats?


Singletracks are my favorite. I live in a hilly area. I like uphills as same as technical dowhills. I realized that I was not using 44/11 gear combination. Combination of 38/11 is still faster than 44/13. Though, I like higher cadence as my legs are not as strong as boys'. 38t fits me perfectly and as it is in the middle position I can use entire gear range on it :wink:

_________________
MTB - Van Nicholas Zion
Road - Van Nicholas Euros


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
adgem1 wrote:
I never got chance to ride it with the Nude shock as I didnt have the lockout lever, I like the Fox shock as there is no fafing about with levers just get it tuned to your style of riding and forget about it ,it sprints like a hardtail but kicks in on the rough stuff


what is the weight of the rp23 shock?

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Kristina wrote:
Singletracks are my favorite. I live in a hilly area. I like uphills as same as technical dowhills. I realized that I was not using 44/11 gear combination. Combination of 38/11 is still faster than 44/13. Though, I like higher cadence as my legs are not as strong as boys'. 38t fits me perfectly and as it is in the middle position I can use entire gear range on it :wink:


Sounds right - I have just ordered a 40t chainring coz I think this will give a better use of the cassette.

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 176
Location: lancashire
sombody correct me if I am wrong but I think I saved about 90 gram over the standard shock and locout lever ? cant remember the weight of the new shock though .

_________________
Scott spark LTD,Kinesis -crosslight PRO 5,kinesis evo,TK,Orbea alma,Canyon Ultimate cf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Nice saving and if it performance good then it's really good. Still tempted by the DT Swiss XR carbon - the weight is about 150 grams. Anyone tried this shock on the spark and how does it feel?

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:06 pm
Posts: 686
Location: Belgium
On shocks:
The problem with the DT Carbon is that it has no platform damping, it will bob under pedalling (or you will need to use a ridiculously high air pressure).

Also watch out with shock weights as they often do not include the bushings.
Rock Shox Monarch 4.2 is 239g
Fox RP23 is 251g
Nude damper + lever + cable = 300g (with cable length for my setup)
All weights including bushings
Both are a good upgrade over the Nude damper as you save the hassle of the lock out lever.

On 2x9:
I really like my 40/26 set up. 26T in granny position, 40T in middle ring position.
Combined with a Sram Force derailleur this works very well.
Spreading of the gears is OK and a 40-11 is more then enough for me.
Some background: http://rennsport.skynetblogs.be/archive-month/2008-07

_________________
Our team blog: http://rennsport.skynetblogs.be
dean colonel: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... hp?t=11164
scott spark: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61140


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:23 pm
Posts: 92
Mads Kock wrote:
Nice saving and if it performance good then it's really good. Still tempted by the DT Swiss XR carbon - the weight is about 150 grams. Anyone tried this shock on the spark and how does it feel?


Just look at my bike ( I just peeled the stickers off) :D The original Scott Nude w/ remote lockout was 295g. The XR Carbon is 157g (146g + 11g bushings). Saving is 138g. I like its active performance :thumbup:

_________________
MTB - Van Nicholas Zion
Road - Van Nicholas Euros


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
pieterp wrote:
On 2x9:
I really like my 40/26 set up. 26T in granny position, 40T in middle ring position.
Combined with a Sram Force derailleur this works very well.
Spreading of the gears is OK and a 40-11 is more then enough for me.
Some background: http://rennsport.skynetblogs.be/archive-month/2008-07


Thanks - is the spacers needed or is it just to finetune the chainline? Where did you mount them - on the 26 or 40 chainring?

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:06 pm
Posts: 686
Location: Belgium
In the end no spacers were needed, chainline and spacing is OK right out the box.

_________________
Our team blog: http://rennsport.skynetblogs.be
dean colonel: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... hp?t=11164
scott spark: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61140


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: victaras and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Spark RC

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Sabella

8

790

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:08 am

Sabella View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Parlee Z5SLi Grey & Pink Custom Paint - Final pics page 4

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Knoxxy

70

11506

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:39 am

BrianVarick View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rear shock linkage modification Scott spark

in MTB

andreszucs

6

845

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:33 pm

wingguy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Spark 30 ENVE/Tune wheels, AX THM XTR 2x10 18.5lbs

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

Alexn

0

176

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Alexn View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Spark 30 ENVE/Tune wheels, AX THM XTR 2x10 18.5lbs

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

Alexn

0

294

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:46 am

Alexn View the latest post


It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB