Scott Spark RC 09 w/ Sram XX (new pics page 6)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Kristina wrote:What is the color of the Hope rotors? Is it red or pink?

Hi Kristina,

they are a mix between red and mud hehe.

BTW - fantastic spark you have.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

have you installed your 26/38 chainrings in the inner and middleposition on your clavicula crankset? How do you like the chainline - no problems riding big/big?

Kristina

by Kristina

Mads Kock wrote:have you installed your 26/38 chainrings in the inner and middleposition on your clavicula crankset? How do you like the chainline - no problems riding big/big?

Yes, I have. The chainline is O.K. There is absolutely no problem riding big/big. I am going to try 24t instead 26t ring for steep or long climbs.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

thanks for your answer.

How does the 38t feels - I don't know what kind of terrain you ride but don't you still a bigger gear in flats?

adgem1

by adgem1

I never got chance to ride it with the Nude shock as I didnt have the lockout lever, I like the Fox shock as there is no fafing about with levers just get it tuned to your style of riding and forget about it ,it sprints like a hardtail but kicks in on the rough stuff
Scott spark LTD,Kinesis -crosslight PRO 5,kinesis evo,TK,Orbea alma,Canyon Ultimate cf

Kristina

by Kristina

Mads Kock wrote:thanks for your answer.

How does the 38t feels - I don't know what kind of terrain you ride but don't you still a bigger gear in flats?

Singletracks are my favorite. I live in a hilly area. I like uphills as same as technical dowhills. I realized that I was not using 44/11 gear combination. Combination of 38/11 is still faster than 44/13. Though, I like higher cadence as my legs are not as strong as boys'. 38t fits me perfectly and as it is in the middle position I can use entire gear range on it :wink:

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

adgem1 wrote:I never got chance to ride it with the Nude shock as I didnt have the lockout lever, I like the Fox shock as there is no fafing about with levers just get it tuned to your style of riding and forget about it ,it sprints like a hardtail but kicks in on the rough stuff

what is the weight of the rp23 shock?

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Kristina wrote:Singletracks are my favorite. I live in a hilly area. I like uphills as same as technical dowhills. I realized that I was not using 44/11 gear combination. Combination of 38/11 is still faster than 44/13. Though, I like higher cadence as my legs are not as strong as boys'. 38t fits me perfectly and as it is in the middle position I can use entire gear range on it :wink:

Sounds right - I have just ordered a 40t chainring coz I think this will give a better use of the cassette.

adgem1

by adgem1

sombody correct me if I am wrong but I think I saved about 90 gram over the standard shock and locout lever ? cant remember the weight of the new shock though .
Scott spark LTD,Kinesis -crosslight PRO 5,kinesis evo,TK,Orbea alma,Canyon Ultimate cf

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Nice saving and if it performance good then it's really good. Still tempted by the DT Swiss XR carbon - the weight is about 150 grams. Anyone tried this shock on the spark and how does it feel?

pieterp

by pieterp

On shocks:
The problem with the DT Carbon is that it has no platform damping, it will bob under pedalling (or you will need to use a ridiculously high air pressure).

Also watch out with shock weights as they often do not include the bushings.
Rock Shox Monarch 4.2 is 239g
Fox RP23 is 251g
Nude damper + lever + cable = 300g (with cable length for my setup)
All weights including bushings
Both are a good upgrade over the Nude damper as you save the hassle of the lock out lever.

On 2x9:
I really like my 40/26 set up. 26T in granny position, 40T in middle ring position.
Combined with a Sram Force derailleur this works very well.
Spreading of the gears is OK and a 40-11 is more then enough for me.
Some background: http://rennsport.skynetblogs.be/archive-month/2008-07

Kristina

by Kristina

Mads Kock wrote:Nice saving and if it performance good then it's really good. Still tempted by the DT Swiss XR carbon - the weight is about 150 grams. Anyone tried this shock on the spark and how does it feel?

Just look at my bike ( I just peeled the stickers off) :D The original Scott Nude w/ remote lockout was 295g. The XR Carbon is 157g (146g + 11g bushings). Saving is 138g. I like its active performance :thumbup:

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

pieterp wrote:On 2x9:
I really like my 40/26 set up. 26T in granny position, 40T in middle ring position.
Combined with a Sram Force derailleur this works very well.
Spreading of the gears is OK and a 40-11 is more then enough for me.
Some background: http://rennsport.skynetblogs.be/archive-month/2008-07

Thanks - is the spacers needed or is it just to finetune the chainline? Where did you mount them - on the 26 or 40 chainring?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pieterp

by pieterp

In the end no spacers were needed, chainline and spacing is OK right out the box.