Why are my weights not submitted?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Hi.

I've submitted almost one month ago many rims weights but they haven't been added yet in the listings.
I've submitted two days ago my latest custom wheelset 1243gr, another wheelset has been added in the section but not mine.
Don't you receive my messages?
I even sent a mail but I didn't get any reply.

Thanks.Adrien.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tippster

by Tippster

Your question is covered in the FAQ section:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/faq.p ... t_appeared
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Ill send pictures of the weight to prove them!

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I'd been waiting a while for my Ult 10 listings, but I don't think Florian adds items that don't include comments.

AED

by AED

All my submits was with comments, I also have photos, however, just few parts were listed. Maybe it's because I am from small country? Or smth else...

Also I found parts with weight averaged and sent one more different, but it wasn't recalculated, different was about 10g...

Knut

by Knut

Chill guys! Maybe if you took the time to browse a few topics down you would understand how things are working... :roll:

This is a post from Florian on Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:12 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently burried under 900 submissions.
When I sit down on weekends I usually can review 200 weights, which is about the same number which comes in per week. If you think now "why doesn't about the same number appear as new items every weekend?":
many submissions are duplicates, which I add as averaged values.

@onyourleft:
the Campy wheels are still in the database, like submissions from many other people which are mailing me frequently. I get your mails and read them, but often I don't have the time to reply, sorry!

I'm currently finishing work on the long-announced on-scale-photo-feature, which should help me in reviewing weights faster. It will be also an additional proof for me and for visitors which have doubts in certain weights.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect that the situation is probably still the same and you would therefore be well advised to just relax and wait. Florian will get there, just remember that this is something the Florian does in his sparetime and that we have no rights to demand a specific response time. :wink:

Enjoy the site and the forum, now just get out and ride!

AED

by AED

So why doesn't anybody helps him? :roll:

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

AED wrote:All my submits was with comments, I also have photos, however, just few parts were listed. Maybe it's because I am from small country?

I have even submitted weights coming from Liechtenstein, which is definitely way smaller than Lithuania, so this can't be the reason. ;)

I couldn't find any weights from you in the database when I looked for submissions with the email address from your forum profile.
Feel free to send me an email under which address you submitted your weights, maybe I can tell you more then.

AED wrote:Also I found parts with weight averaged and sent one more different, but it wasn't recalculated, different was about 10g...

If you come across such items, you can use the "Correct entry" function to report this.

Knut wrote:I suspect that the situation is probably still the same and you would therefore be well advised to just relax and wait. Florian will get there, just remember that this is something the Florian does in his sparetime and that we have no rights to demand a specific response time. ;)

You describe the situation very well.
I've only little spare time at the moment, because spring is naturally the season where employees of a bike shop have the most work. :D

And when I have some free time I'm concentrating on the on-scale-photo feature, which still requires some last things to work on.
I don't want to get into the details but when you know Weight Weenies from the beginning then you know that it came from a relatively simple fundament (ASP and Access database). Therefore the whole underlying structure is still very unorganized and not easy to adapt to new features like the on-scale photos, especially when you want to make sure that it scales well with increased visitor amounts, is easy to maintain and covers every possibility you can think of and therefore I also intended to change many structural things in order to make it ready for the future.

AED wrote:So why doesn't anybody helps him? :roll:

Aside from the fact that many cyclists prefer to cycle than to sit in front of a boring computer (don't get me wrong, I would do as well if I hadn't to work on Weight Weenies in my freetime), the current interface to review weights is -erm- very homebrewn and unergonomic. It does what it should, but it's not really something which you can use as easy as this forum for example.
I know a few people, which are very engaged in submitting accurate weights with all kind of details (you know who you are). They are really making sure that they always supply all necessary informations for an entry and I intend to give this people access to release weights as well when I have finished the on-scale thing and found the time to make the interface more self-explaining and ergonomic to use.
I also think about giving the community more insight into the reviewing process (reason why s.th. was not released, possibility to discuss about this and/or re-submit it with corrected details and so on), but let me finish the current things first. ;)
Image Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com