3T Ergosum vs Ergonova

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maquisard

by maquisard

coloclimber wrote:I didnt know the nova's flare.

It is so subtle that it is barely noticeable when they are on the bike.

exhibitx

by exhibitx

it's very noticeable with sram levers i find

their levers are already on a bit of an angle, and when that's combined with a flare out, i find it very noticeable and uncomfortable, even if it is slight

just personal preference, with the way i position my levers, i find it noticeable and not pleasant

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

I am running Ergosum Team bars on my two cross bikes and getting Ergonova Pros for my single speed cross bikes. On the road it's just a matter of what I'm intending for the bike as to what bars I choose - if longer days or rougher roads, the Ergonova, if I want something lighter I get the Ergosum. They are both excellent bars, and I have no problem with the flat top and flair of the 'nova and then switching back to the 'sum when I want to...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

boysa

by boysa

I got rid of the FSA WPC because there was such a drastic flare from hoods to drops. I don't find it noticeable with the Ergonova. I guess there's some, but it's negligible compared to the FSA. Here's a quick photo...
Attachments
0717091304a.jpg
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

53x12

by 53x12

I am currently using the Easton EC90 Equipe handlebars. Do you guys think I would see any advantage changing to the 3T Ergosum or the Ergonova? My Easton's come in right at 205g, so I probably won't see much savings for weight unless I went with the LTD. Would I gain any stiffness? I haven't had any issues with the Easton's yet.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Skunk

by Skunk

I got both the Ergosums and Ergonovas yesterday. Which one shall I try first?

swinter

by swinter

If I were replacing my bars, I would definitely go with the Ergonova. I love a flat top (especially on a long climb). And I like the shorter (compared to what I am running now) drop of the Ergonova.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

Stats

by Stats

i just bought a set of Ergonovas and am really happy with them... go the Ergonovas...

Skunk

by Skunk

I tried the ergosums first. Just went for a quick spin and I really like the initial bend from the tops, I can now grab the brakes while in the drops comfortably. The downside is I wish the drops went a little longer so I have more area for my hands. I'll try to ergonovas tomorrow.

I ripped my hoods during the install, now I have to procure some new ones :(

nagomonaro

by nagomonaro

you need to be careful when switching between the ergonova and ergosum bars on the same bike, with the same running gear.

i dont know why this hasnt been mentioned already, but the ergosum bars are a LONG reach, shallow drop bar. The ergonova bars have a SHORTER reach - i cant remember what the difference is off the top of my head, but I have the info at work - im pretty sure its over 10mm.

I use the ergosum bars as these are the longest reach shallow drop bars I can find.

If you want to use both bars to see which works, you need to take into account the reach.

Cheers

Skunk

by Skunk

nagomonaro wrote:you need to be careful when switching between the ergonova and ergosum bars on the same bike, with the same running gear.

i dont know why this hasnt been mentioned already, but the ergosum bars are a LONG reach, shallow drop bar. The ergonova bars have a SHORTER reach - i cant remember what the difference is off the top of my head, but I have the info at work - im pretty sure its over 10mm.

I use the ergosum bars as these are the longest reach shallow drop bars I can find.

If you want to use both bars to see which works, you need to take into account the reach.

Cheers

The reach is 89 for sum vs 77 for nova.

dawgcatching3

by dawgcatching3

How does the Ergosum compare to the FSA New Ergo (not the shallow)? I have been using them recently, and like them alot.

Skunk

by Skunk

boysa wrote:I bought the Ergosum to replace the FSA WingPro Compact I had, and sent it back for the Ergonova. The shapes are similar, but the Ergonova has a flat section across the top of the bar and if I'm correct, it has even less drop and reach. I've been real happy with Ergonova. I think there was just a thread about this...

Do the FSA Compact bars have a longer flat area at the end of the drops? I'm struggling with the area on the Ergonovas. I'm so used to newton shallows nice flat area in the drops.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Skunk wrote:I got both the Ergosums and Ergonovas yesterday. Which one shall I try first?

You should take photo's of both set up's.. please.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BK

by BK

@boysa,

Thanks for sharing the photo showign the Ergonova flare. Do you happen to have a side view that you could post? I'm curious to see how the transition to the campy 11 levers looks with that bar.

Thanks