Upgrade to phpBB3

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

I just wanted to say that whatever maintenance you admins did has worked wonders. Surfing the site is now lightening quick.

Mille grazie! :thumbup:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

bcheung

by bcheung

Chapeau!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Credit where it's certainly due, the updated layout is fantastic. And with the old speed back, I think this smiley is apt :D

And seems the editing issue is also solved, nice :thumbup:

Also just found the control panel and the bookmarking options!!! Thank you!!!! :beerchug:

Stats

by Stats

Florian,

Good work!! :thumbup: This is even better than the original... and i like the black dot in the forum to see which threads you've contributed to...

Just one suggestion for improvement. Currently, when you click a hyperlink or picture, the weight weenies thread you are viewing will be replaced with that hyperlinked site or picture - the old version would open up the hyperlinked site or picture in a new window of internet explorer and it was better... could you please make the new version the same in this regard?

Thanks! :beerchug:

Tazzy

by Tazzy

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User db169027_5 has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Something is keeping the SQL connections open :)

Stats

by Stats

Stats wrote:Hi,

I was just wondering if you're able to set it so that when we click on a hyperlink within a post to a picture or other page, if you can set it so that it opens a new windows explorer window, rather than going to it and replacing the weight weenies page you have open... i keep closing the screen thinking it's opened a new one :lol: and then we can look at a picture etc and reply to a thread at the same time... thanks... :thumbup:

Stats wrote:Florian,

Good work!! :thumbup: This is even better than the original... and i like the black dot in the forum to see which threads you've contributed to...

Just one suggestion for improvement. Currently, when you click a hyperlink or picture, the weight weenies thread you are viewing will be replaced with that hyperlinked site or picture - the old version would open up the hyperlinked site or picture in a new window of internet explorer and it was better... could you please make the new version the same in this regard?

Thanks! :beerchug:

?? :noidea:

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Now the links to other topics should open in new windows as it was in phpBB2.
Image Image

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Tazzy wrote:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User db169027_5 has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Something is keeping the SQL connections open :)

I have seen this error message 3 times when I tried to access the forum since the forum update and was not able to access the forum after severl tries hitting refresh and using another browser didn't help either.
I have never experienced this error before the forum was updated.

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

When did you see this message the last time?

Yesterday several search engines were re-indexing the site at the same time.
One of them went mad, which turned the forum down for 6 hours with this error message.
Aside from that incident I can't see any anomalies in the performance graph for the database server.
Image Image

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

The new forum search function is discriminating French bikes - it says they are too common :lol:

You can't search for Look or Time anymore after forum upgrade:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: look.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: time.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

djconnel

by djconnel

First, thanks for the great work! The upgrade is fantastic.

A suggestion: some sort of BBCode tables extension would be nice, given the data-oriented nature of the forum.

Roobay

by Roobay

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

i like people... i just can't stand assholes

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

^ I have been getting that error a lot lately (>_<)waaah
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

s-work

by s-work

At the moment I got this bug too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Yeah, me too. At least 10 times over the last week.