CAMPY RECORD CARBON BOTTLE CAGE

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Karma

Hi Weenie Folks-hope everybody had a great holiday. Personally, I spent mine building a new (hot rod) computer and spending hours (DAYS) testing and installing software. Whew!

Carbon bottle cages? I received a pair of Campy Record cages just before Christmas. They are flat beautiful!! They are highly polished with the cabon weave clearly visible and the Record logo appearing on both sides. The design seems to capture standard size bottles (supplied) very securely and they seem quite strong. Mounting on the down tube presented no problems. But, the seat tube cage is a challange. My Giant carbon TCR uses a bracket to mount the front deraillier and this causes the cage to have to be mounted on spacers to clear the bracket. This means the supplied screws are not long enough. I plan on using the cage screws and spacers that came with the frame to solve the problem. Trouble is that the hex heads are a bit too high to clear the bottle when slid in and out. I think I can grind the heads down to clear the bottle and still have enough hex socket left to to tighten.

Campy specs them at 18g but they came out at 20g on my double beam balance. I believe the mounting screws are Ti. I paid $95.00 each from Reparto Corse. I understand they are in short supply but you can try. Other sources may be R&A Cycles and Branford Bike.

Doesn't $95.00 carbon bottle cages strike you as insanity? It does me. But, denial come easily to me and I can't ignore that these cages add the perfect touch to a bike that is already a piece of mechanical art.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Karma, How about this?!

Bottle cage - Skyline

Product with weakness: after a trip with a lot of shaking the cage can hold the bottle stronger than it is possible for the cyclist to hold the bottle - joke!

For hunting records it is essential because of its lightness. My useful tip for getting the record: Take the bottle supplied by El Diavolo, it’s weight is 20g less than ours.

Weight: ca. 5g
Material: carbon / Aramid
scope of delivery: holder / screws / bottle
Colour: black / yellow
Price: 40 Euro

Look at www.tune.de. They also have another one From carbon only. But it's a bit havier.

I use it on my mtb, and like it a lot!
Attachments
Skyline.jpg
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jorisb78

by Jorisb78

I have a question about that tune bottle cage. Wonder how this cage prevents the bottle from sliding through it. Can it really hold a big bottle, like 750 ml, on rough rouds like the cobble stones in Flanders.

martin

by martin

Jorisb78 wrote:I have a question about that tune bottle cage. Wonder how this cage prevents the bottle from sliding through it. Can it really hold a big bottle, like 750 ml, on rough rouds like the cobble stones in Flanders.

This works because the bottles are slightly cone-shaped. downside is that you can't use every bottle, but Tacx for example makes such bottles.

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

I've used tune carbon cages with 750ml bottles for about a year, I have descended some really bad roads and never had a bottle slip off the cage.