Just got my new Pinarello Prince TODAY!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stats

by Stats

Just picked up my new Pinarello Prince frameset from the post office today!!!! It's size 53cm in Red. I used USPS and they did a great job, delivering on the guaranteed delivery date even though we're 14 hours ahead of NJ... but the real credit goes to the guys i bought it off - I can't recommend Eurocycle Sports in New Jersey highly enough - they packed the bike PERFECTLY!! In 2 words - flawless service...

The finish of the bike is beautiful... there is not a blemish or a mistake on the whole thing from what i can see and the attention to detail in little things like painting the r.der hanger etc is amazing... the weave of the carbon also looks fantastic... i love this colour - the red looks better in real life than in photo's - the actual red is a bit of a darker metallic red than it looks, the flash washed out the colour more than i thought it would...

Of course i have weighed it all for you guys within seconds of opening it...
Fork: 437g (uncut)
Frame: 1206g (inc r.der hanger, seatpost clamp, complete headset, shifter cable adjusters
Seatpost: 197g (complete with clamp etc)

Anyway, here are some pics of the long anticipated grand opening :lol: I'm looking forward to building it up now... :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Murphs

by Murphs

Very nice!!!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Excellent stuff!

And great forumming to have the pics and weights up on here so quickly! :lol:

Not long now for you too Murphs...

tinchy

by tinchy

awesome bike post some pics of the final build

fa63

by fa63

One thing is for sure; the looks of the Pinarellos are polarizing, and I still don't know what to think about all those curves :) I suppose it is all good as long as you like the way it looks.

Also, don't you think that the frame and fork weights are a little excessive (especially a size 53) for a top-end frame costing a large chunk of money?

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Even here on WW it doesn't matter anymore. Remember, it's Italian... :roll: Common sense and critizism disappears as soon it's an Italian bike with fancy paint...

But sorry. Congrats with the new bike. I'm sure it will be a good ride.

Zak

by Zak

Thanks for posting! Looks great. :D

Zak

by Zak

Zak wrote:Thanks for sharing! Looks great. :D

Chiho

by Chiho

Agreed. They do ride relatively well and are pretty stiff where it counts, but nowhere near claimed weight and actually heavier than even most of the nice non WW bikes out there (595, EPS). From the weight, it would seem that the grade of carbon used isn't as exclusive as advertised, which makes one wonder why they cost so much at retail. The one pictured here is a 2008, which are selling in the states (according to several posters here) for $4000, which is more in line (IMO) for what it should be selling at. I would think that a custom Parlee would be the only obvious choice at $5500! Here in Japan, the Prince goes for over $7000 US.

the genie

by the genie

Weight is only one of may factors, and certainly not the most important, that make a bike great. Virtually all who have spent some meaningful time actually riding a Prince, conclude that it is arguably one of the best, if not the best outright, road racing bikes ever made. It is quite light, but most important, extremely precise and responsive. Precision and responsiveness, of course, are very difficult to assess when just reading specs about a bike on the web.

I respectfully suggest that those who may feel otherwise, but have not ridden one, to find a way to do a few miles on a Prince. You'll learn something new that day.

pharding

by pharding

Congratulations! What a great, beautiful bike! The design and workmanship on the Pinarello Prince is unmatched. Plus Pinarello is a first class, very professional company to deal with. They provide superb customer service.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Are Pinarellos available in custom geometry?"
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

The Prince

by The Prince

You are going to love it. Agree with everything the genie says. My riding buddy (who also has a Prince) hit the nail on the head when someone was admiring his bike. "It rides even better than it looks". It does.

pharding

by pharding

I am disappointed that this thread was moved. The OP wasn't introducing himself or herself. He was just excited about a new, major purchase and he/she was sharing that with us. He even went so far as to weigh the frameset as a way of contributing to the discussion here and joining a highly respected group of people. The decision to move this thread is contrary to the high standards of Weight Weenies management.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

You must be very excited Stats, I would be!

What groupset are you gonna use?
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com