X-Treme Matrix Elite Carbonwheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bergziege

by Bergziege

Hi.

I probably want to go for this wheelset or just for the rims and build it up with AmCl hubs and Sapim CX Ray.

Which hubs are used in the standard wheelset?

Are there any experiences with these rims/hubs?
Which brake pads should be used?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

do a search, but I think the rims aren't good nor strong

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The standards are built with Am. Classic hubs and sapim spokes. Ive got sets of Nano elites, Matrix elites, and Matrix on the way, should have them next week. I'll let you know what my impressions are after I ride each of them a few times.

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

Have a set of 2004 rims built as track wheels 24x24. Strength of rim is very very good as I had a crash and two spokes were ripped from their nipples, no rim damage. I havent ridden them enough to comment on stiffness as I received them near the end of the track season. Seemed good enough though (Im 70 kilo, A grade road at state level if that helps)

Bergziege

by Bergziege

well, i think they should be a good alternative for zipp 303

i want to race with these wheels, so they should be strong. that what stumpytrunks said sounds very good.

the other side: i can get zipp 303 with z-rims. so the whole set weighs only 1104 grams (20,28 spokes).

or: tune olympic gold, mig66, mag160, 18,24 spokes, zipp 280

i need a little help guys 8)

let me hear your opinions :D

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

Bought a pair of secondhand matrix's (or should that be matrices...) that arrived on thursday. Used them for the first time racing today and I have to say they are the best wheel Ive ridden for holding there speed. Must admit I was only using velocitys before but even compared to other track wheels. Stiffnes was no problem at my 70 kilograms.

I tihnk this years models come with american classic hubs standard. my spokes have got a 's' stamped at the head if that means anything to you. Wopuldnt hesitate in buying them. See what Madcow says first though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com