by Redddraggon

Now with 'guards and loads of lights :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daveke

by Daveke

After a ride with -6 degrees and a lot of salt on the Dutch and Belgian roads. I cleaned the bike outside but my dad told me to put it in the bathtub for the night, he thought it could break with -18 in the shed..

Red Bull Pro SL frame which was painted black by a friend, Ritchey Pro stem and Carbon fork, handlebar and seatpost. Selle Italia SLR Carbon, Ultegra SL and PowerTap laced onto DT R1.1 rims. Conti Tires.

Sacke

by Sacke

collideous wrote:Not really a winter-bike as I'm riding it all year round. Rides great in the snow, though.

I just found this thread, and this Niner is just amazing! I would never have thought that the color combination looked so nice in reality.

Truly classy build! A nice thing is that the orange color works so well with the anodized red. Now I know what kind of changes my mtb will go through before the next mtb season truly starts. :)

thomas

by thomas

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

Here's mine.

Scottybee

by Scottybee

I don't have a winter bike, don't need one. The rain does not make a habit of paying me a visit.

8)
17 and stupid, bear with me

alanjob

by alanjob

This is my Winter Bike:

Airbourne Thunderbird 54cm
Full 105 Groupset
Shimano 105 Wheels
FSA Bar, Stem and Seatpost
Fizik Saddle

I have just ordered a set of Shimano Ultegra/Mavic Open Pro wheels and the mugguards/reflectors are coming off soon now were in spring 8)

irodetoday

by irodetoday

What fenders are those? They fit "perfect".
Rasmus wrote:This is my el cheapo winter beater that I built this spring out of old spare parts I had lying around, favors from friends and rummaging around in bargain bins:

Extra #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5

Rhino

by Rhino

Hello from Finland, first message on this forum! Here's my winter bike from yesterday's ride, heavy as hell though but in winter I don't care. When are we going to get spring here...

"You not bike rider, you nobody."-Eddie B.

tochnics

by tochnics

u guys ride nicer winterbikes then my main ride
regardles i ride my commuter all year so no winterbike for me

rhino how do you keep warm in that weather :shock:
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

Ducati2

by Ducati2

Sacke wrote:
collideous wrote:Not really a winter-bike as I'm riding it all year round. Rides great in the snow, though.

I just found this thread, and this Niner is just amazing! I would never have thought that the color combination looked so nice in reality.

Truly classy build! A nice thing is that the orange color works so well with the anodized red. Now I know what kind of changes my mtb will go through before the next mtb season truly starts. :)

I love that bike too. The color would work for me because it could be visible from the air after I have a heart attack riding the ss in the snow!

Rhino

by Rhino

tochnics wrote:u guys ride nicer winterbikes then my main ride
regardles i ride my commuter all year so no winterbike for me

rhino how do you keep warm in that weather :shock:

[Offtopic] I have Northwave Fahrenheit shoes with aluminium insoles + neoprene shoe covers, Windstopper bib tights + normal bib tights underneath, base layer shirt + short jersey + windstopper jacket, sugoi firewall lobster gloves, skullcap and neck warmer that protects up to my nose. With that kind of clothing it's been possible to ride when thermometer hits -15 Celsius a couple of times/winter, only upper cheeks getting cold. The toughest part is that it takes time to dress all the layers and I'm sweating already before even getting outside :D [Offtopic]
"You not bike rider, you nobody."-Eddie B.

SilleMicke

by SilleMicke

Here´s my heavy winterbike, I actaully raced this bike long ago. The weight right now is somewhere between a car and a bus, but it make you stronger :D

Pics:http://gniddes.blogspot.com/2010/03/vintercykeln.html

bally81

by bally81

Some nice winterbikes out there !

I had to post a picture of SilleMickes bike.. ;-)
Attachments
i like that rear mudguard
i like that rear mudguard
Caad 10
Bianchi EV3
Canyon Speedmax AL

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SilleMicke

by SilleMicke

The rear mudguard is called a "kompislapp" in sweden, it´s for keeping spray of your friend that sits on your wheel