Cannondale CAA7 Optimo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Nope, 54cm. Why you ask? Doesn't look big does it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimmy

by jimmy

superlite it looks real good. I've been following your bike building as I have a cannondale team replica on order. And it's just good to hear what others have had to say about the bike and combo of parts. Thanks for the good read can't wait till to see it all finished. [/u]

spytech

by spytech

hey superlite, your Cannondale looks amazing. hope you ride as hard as it looks, cause the bike looks good. lets see it when its done. i will have pics of mine next week, some of my parts will not get shipped till the 26th, and i missed ups today with my cat brakes.

hey i need recomendation on tires. what are good tires, for everyday use with good grip. its the only thing missing.

Superlite

by Superlite

Vredestien Forteza, either standard or tricomp. The nicest tire I've ever ridden. Only drawback is there a bit on the heavy side, 235-255g. Also think michelin are great, just not as durable and road feel not as good, but for as lite as they are there awsome, as long as you stay out of the rain.

spytech

by spytech

what do you think of tufo clincher tires?

Superlite

by Superlite

Duno, never used them, but I know there heavy!

Joel

by Joel

Don't know the weight, but Continental GP3000 are good allround tyres with good durability

:-)

by :-)

im 6 foot & ride a 56cm caad5... when i ordered mine i was after a 58 but they suggested a 56 would be better.... having said that i like my front end low

heres a piccy

http://www.bcf.uk.com/images/news_lead/ ... lor_01.jpg

Superlite

by Superlite

I'm 5'8", and 54cm what I sized up for. Seems to fit good on the test bike I rode. 56cm is a little small for your size, or so it would seem. Is that what you went with? Hows the fit?

:-)

by :-)

the 56 suits me perfectly.... my m8 also rides a 56 & is 6foot 3

i figure top tube length is really the more important factor

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, thats why I went with the 54cm, its actually a tad big, but I needed the top tube length. You must have long legs I'm guessing.

drew

by drew

:-) wrote:im 6 foot & ride a 56cm caad5... when i ordered mine i was after a 58 but they suggested a 56 would be better.... having said that i like my front end lowheres a piccy

http://www.bcf.uk.com/images/news_lead/ ... lor_01.jpg

No crap, thats really low

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I'm 6 foot and my CAAD 7 is a 58, and i wish I had gotten a 56. I can't get my front end as low as I'd like, and the 56, would be a little lighter and stiffer as well. Cannondales have a tendency to run a little bigger than a lot of other bikes.

Superlite

by Superlite

Argh! My supplier is taking for ever, so I ordered stuff from someone else. Not going to 10 speed Dura Ace anymore. Gonna get 2003 Dura Ace shifters, front der., and 12-23 cassette, and then 2004 Dura Ace Rear der. and Brakes. Oh well. what id you guys think of my combonation?

spytech

by spytech

WHAT :!: :!: :!: your going to go 9 speed :?:

just wait it out, a week or 2 wont kill you, thats what i keep telling myself, and its been a couple of months - good thing its almost over, all i need is my crank (since i sold my FSA team issue to get superlite's)

You can always go record, if so let me know i can get you a good deal. pm me on the dura ace 04 i can get you a good price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com