Mod time Titanium Wightloss for Vista Cycle's Magic X pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aCeMadMods

by aCeMadMods

hi to all , i haveing a hard time to find bearings steel for mod my pedals , i need to find some new 3804 rs2 bearings before i can start to take them a take to get made new Titanium axle for them i was hope to get Full Ceramic Ball Bearings. a other thing would Ceramic hold to up in time to the side load,m there would alot, yes Ceramic is harder , that mean ez to crack, in some way from the hardness would any you know were i can find some or get costom made for me, in very low numbers, i could buy say max 6
3804 rs2 full ceramic or like a titammic bearings , for i guess there not goneing to be cheap :( .i have made new ti pins to hold the old steel claw, yes you guess it i got a New Titanium claws made for them too. i made new ti cleats, Too i very luckly i have one the best Au welders that work in Ti and mag welding for me, i upload pic late this week, i hope some tech God here help in this one thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Phill P

by Phill P

I'll make some enquries for you. Full ceramics are very expensive though!

Phill P

by Phill P

What pedals ae these for? 3804 seems very large (20x34x10)

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Full ceramics will be too brittle for that pedal. The design creates a big lever to push on the bearing, and I'm sure they wouldn't hold up.

Phill P

by Phill P

Ah didn't read all the title.....yeah I wouldn't use full ceramic for the vistas.
Ceramic races aren't too good with shock loading. The leverage on the bearings will be large so any bumps would likely crack the outer race.

I wondering if steel outer race and zirconia inner would work though. I don't know if that would work at all due to difference in co-eff of heat expansion. With the inner race being in compression it should fair better.

aCeMadMods

by aCeMadMods

Phill P "What pedals are these for? 3804 seems very large (20x34x10)"

yes i found this bear not for nom use 3804 a odd bearing it "s big bearing, i only till i pull it apart think it use 2 kinds of bearing it may use a cone bear to help the side load with lose ball bearing ,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aCeMadMods

by aCeMadMods

i had some time to take a few pic, i made some alloy cteats the fun , i can"t i find my rubber ducked to wight them i too poor to buy my wight thing, all i get it wight 1/2 the from the steel ones
Attachments
Image121.jpg
Image124.jpg
Image125.jpg