Canyon Ultimate CF pro, another stormtrooper!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Leon

by Leon

Hey,

nice Canyon, looks very sharp!

Did you look also at the Dutch WW ride? There is a special part on this forum.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

You got that frame for a little over 1000 euro????! WOW!!!!!!!!!! (don't know how you manged that!)

And total bike for under 3000 euro!

Well done!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dick Rhee

by Dick Rhee

Oh damn that is a hell of a build. The white Nokons are a nice touch!

You did a nice job on the bargain hunting, by the way. I went the easy way by buying the complete CF Pro with Chorus and selling/trading all of the parts I wanted to swap out. Overall it was a relatively affordable end result but I think you faired quite a bit better!

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Good work Erik. Mine is with a new owner now, and an SLX is being built! I miss it though!

efranssen

by efranssen

Tinea Pedis wrote:You got that frame for a little over 1000 euro????! WOW!!!!!!!!!! (don't know how you manged that!)

Well done!

Well first of all, thank you guys for the positive reactions! Like my bike, I proudly show them everytime to my GF (I'm like: told you the bike is well worth it! here listen to these guys! Then she replies: they're freaks, just like you...)
Anyways, the frame wasn't the most difficult part to get my hands on: just be patient and wait for the canyon outlet (like sales) at the end of each year.
Having that thought over I think this bike is the result of being dutch (= always wanting to get good value for your money), being patient and and a carbonfreak (maybe my GF is right after all..):

Stormtrooper = Dutch + Patience + Freak2

Greetz[/i]

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Very well done. I was gonna build one myself to lure RTW back, but now I've got the full choice of colours again.

And the u in colors is just for you RTW. :wink:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

parajba

by parajba

Very very pretty indeed! sharp like a razorblade...

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

efranssen wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:You got that frame for a little over 1000 euro????! WOW!!!!!!!!!! (don't know how you manged that!)

Well done!

Well first of all, thank you guys for the positive reactions! Like my bike, I proudly show them everytime to my GF (I'm like: told you the bike is well worth it! here listen to these guys! Then she replies: they're freaks, just like you...)
Anyways, the frame wasn't the most difficult part to get my hands on: just be patient and wait for the canyon outlet (like sales) at the end of each year.
Having that thought over I think this bike is the result of being dutch (= always wanting to get good value for your money), being patient and and a carbonfreak (maybe my GF is right after all..):

Stormtrooper = Dutch + Patience + Freak2

Greetz[/i]

Just tell your gf that she'll never have to worry about any other girls as long as you have a bike like that in your life (and a forum like this to perve on others!).

Mine knows bikes are my dirty little mistress! :wink:

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Ypsylon wrote:Very well done. I was gonna build one myself to lure RTW back, but now I've got the full choice of colours again.

And the u in colors is just for you RTW. :wink:

I am still floating around Ypsylon - just not really as much of a WW I suppose, as I used to be. Perhaps my job makes me a little spoilt now?

mjolnir

by mjolnir

Very nice build. The white really makes the bike pop! Digging the White Nokon's too, I have been mulling getting a set for my Javelin...may have to do the deed.

Great work!
NeilPryde Bura SL: 12.7 lbs
Cervelo R5 VWD: 12.9 lbs
Cervelo R3 SL: 14.1 lbs
Parlee Z4: 14.4 lbs
Ritte Bossberg 3.0: 14.6 lbs
Colnago C50: 15.2 lbs
Litespeed L1r: 15.3 lbs
Ridley Noah: 15.8 lbs
Ritte Crossberg: 16.9 lbs

kavitator

by kavitator

NIce one for cca 3000EUR :P

Now you must get white dress 8)

Jackalmiauleon

by Jackalmiauleon

Last edited by Jackalmiauleon on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO NUKES and visit my blog
http://ww-jackal.blogspot.com/

Klontje

by Klontje

It's a former dutch island in the caribean;-)

efranssen

by efranssen

Klontje wrote:It's a former dutch island in the caribean;-)

Funny thing about this island where I'll be living and working for a year is that they only have like 55 miles of paved roads... :roll:

So I build a uncompromized road racer, but if I go too fast I'll fall of the freaking island...

good thing is that there are plenty off-track paths for the MTB (allready joined a local club, we'll be doing some competition on this island and neighbouring islands (curacao / aruba)

iamzippy

by iamzippy

Beautiful bike. what size is it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com