Specialized BG Footbeds in Sidi shoes?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mtbnoob

by mtbnoob

Anyone using the Spesh BG footbeds in their Sidis? I know the footbeds are made for Spesh shoes but does anyone have a problem fitting one into a Sidi?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dolophonic

by dolophonic

I use them in Shimano shoes no problem.

Ivan

by Ivan

I use the blue ones in shimano AND sidi ergo2 carbon. No problem.
He ride a bike instead of a car I wanna be his friend
Golden Earring - Going to the run

_SJ_

by _SJ_

Use Spesh BG inserts (blue) in Shimano M220 and Sidi Genius 5 - no problem. Actually works quite well.

jwp75

by jwp75

I agree with above posts. They work and fit great. There is one small issue that may or may not affect you. On my Ergo 2 the arch area is a little raised so you may need a flatter insole than normal.

Coolhand

by Coolhand

I have them in the Sidi Dominators for cross- no issues.

8)
This forum would be a better place if you had to know what you were talking about prior to posting. And if you took yourself less seriously.

Ernie Bilko

by Ernie Bilko

Just a little caution in case you already have the sidi's.
I bought footbeds for my northwave shoes which were quite a snug fit anyway. You've guessed it, the darn things were way too tight with the footbeds due to the thickness of the insoles. Trimmed the insoles down too so couldn't even take them back ! :oops:

nickballard2712

by nickballard2712

Have been using the blue ones in my Genius 6.6s for ages and no problems.

PJCM

by PJCM

Using the green sets in 2 pairs of Genius 5s together with 1.5mm varus shims with no problems.

Velcro straps on the forefoot ended up a little shorter when fastened, but no discernible change in fit.

mtbnoob

by mtbnoob

I did a comparison of the insole length of the Sidi and BG and realized that you got to go one size smaller to fit the BG footbed into a Sidi shoe e.g. size 41-42 BG fits a size 43 Sidi. Anyone have the same findings?

mazdatech10

by mazdatech10

yes have 41/42 in my size 43 5.5 carbon shoes, and they fit perfect

_SJ_

by _SJ_

mtbnoob wrote:I did a comparison of the insole length of the Sidi and BG and realized that you got to go one size smaller to fit the BG footbed into a Sidi shoe e.g. size 41-42 BG fits a size 43 Sidi. Anyone have the same findings?

Sidi have a funny size scale and you have to adjust their size up 1 or 0.5 euro size (although not for some models like Dragon SRS Carbon). That's a well known fact and has been discussed on this forum extensivey...

mds

by mds

BG Footbeds seem to run long even for BG S-Works shoes. A 43-44 footbed fits my 45 BG S-Works shoe perfectly.

mtbnoob

by mtbnoob

Can anyone help me get a pair of BG++ Blue insoles in size 39-40? The online stores I've tried don't ship to Singapore. I can do Paypal.

lincoln

by lincoln

I found them to be ineffective in my Rocket 7s when compared to the same wedge currently being used. I use these http://www.bikefit.com/products.php

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com