Any feedback on Vittoria ultra speed?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rustychain

by rustychain

Saw these Vittoria ultra speed clinchers in my LBS. Claimed weight 145 grams. Any coments on how they perform. I am thinking of a race tire so wear is not a big issue but I would hope not to get flats. I am currently using open corsa evo cx tires. at claimed 230 grams. Thats a lot of weight of weight off of the wheel. The other option was to just run the ultra speed in the front. Any feedback?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brian

by brian

rustychain

by rustychain

Thanks for the link. I should have mentioned that the ultra speed was a 23. As I have not used the Veloflex record as well, does it have any advantage/disadvantage over ultraspeed? I used 20's some years back with no problems but I read something about 23's being more areo. Would you recommend the Veloflex record for crits with lots of sharp turns? Thanks for you input

brian

by brian

rustychain wrote:Thanks for the link. I should have mentioned that the ultra speed was a 23. As I have not used the Veloflex record as well, does it have any advantage/disadvantage over ultraspeed? I used 20's some years back with no problems but I read something about 23's being more areo. Would you recommend the Veloflex record for crits with lots of sharp turns? Thanks for you input

http://www.vittoria.com/prodotto.asp?id=19

Superlite

by Superlite

I used them last year, bad ass tires. You can pump them up to 165 PSI and they are STICKEY!

What really surprised me is how long they take to wear, for such a light tire, ( both of my 700 X 23c were under 140g!) they last very long ( 1000+ miles). But they cut easily! The secret is to repair the cuts every so often. Examine the tires before every ride, find the cuts then super glue them shut. Doing this I had mine last a long time.

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Wait, SL, are you talking about the veloflex or vittorias?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Vittoria Ultra Speeds, thats what the topic is about. :wink: