Omega cassette 95g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cadence90

by cadence90

Has anyone tried this cassette yet?
Claimed at 95g 8) , and guaranteed to 15,000km...not bad. But US $ 330, Euro 255.

http://www.omegacycleworks.co.uk/cassette.htm

"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

hbow could it last that long?? A regular cassette doesn't even last that long

cadence90

by cadence90

Yeah, and this is alloy at that, but they claim it is guaranted to 15k and beyond, and this is a reputable company. If true, a good investment over Record Ti, etc.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Eddy

by Eddy

Hi there,

look that I have one of those Cassette , but they're made in taiwan by Topken you can get Shimano and campy , no way 15 000 km max 5000 or 6000 thousands this is only for racing the shifting isn't smooth as campy or shimano either but save weight for racing day , the price in asia much cheaper guys around 200$ I use it rgulary no problems nfor one or two seasons of racing ..

spytech

by spytech

i do not think it would last the 15k km's but if it last 5000-6000km thats still pretty nice, that is good enough for everyday use. at least for me.

edit: then again, it would need to be replaced often - at least once a year or more. and how can you prove it didnt last the 15k km's?

jalapeno

by jalapeno

Have a look at questbikes.co.uk, same cassette but only £95... mine just arrived, I figurd for that price I can try one just for racing. No way would I pay what Omega are asking.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Eddy

by Eddy

Very easy last year I ride hith one brand new 12/23 campy , little bit hard the fist 500hundred , because the cassette is more square , if i remember correctly I ride little bit over 6000 km with a wipperman chain , after maybe some guys will ride less or more depend your style of riding, moutain or flat , the ring for close the cassette is not good very soft , and the 11 cog isnt good either replace with shimano or campy this is from my experience.
now i see a new version 2005 on the catalogue fo topken , wich should go the 8000 or 10000 km for the weight I order one already , I will try the new one and keep update .