Pics of new Cannondale Six13 Team & Synapse Carbon????

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

big fellow

by big fellow

@brian agree with john979 - my brother works with down syndrome kids and they are awesome!

though I don't think your comment was meant to be nasty, perhaps it's a little inappropriate?

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Some discussions have gotten heated, others have gotten nast, but this is out of order - moderaters ban him please

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kAb

by kAb

you have got to be kidding me, he was being sarcastic. I think the FCC would have allowed it.

drjones96

by drjones96

kAb wrote:you have got to be kidding me, he was being sarcastic. I think the FCC would have allowed it.

I have to agree. He was just being sarcastic. May not have been tasteful but come on. I have a friend that has a child with DS and it didn't really offend me when he wrote that. Just let it go and get back to topic!

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

So if I made a comment ... say... about Nazis and Jews... as long as it was sarcastic it would be fine???

jozuph

by jozuph

maybe we should not make sarcastic jokes, the word sarcastic says it all. What if i would make jokes about americas foreigh policys, or theyre drug policy, something we in NL had a big laugh about again last couple of days, lest see what happens then..

divve

by divve

I like jokes, but be careful with the Dutch. They have rules against free speech and specify what you may or may not read and write about. You can be searched in the streets without a warrant, just because some cop doesn't like the way you look....preferably when you're a foreigner...just being sarcastic....

jozuph

by jozuph

i think u mistyped the word Dutch, you mean america i assume..not that sarcastic iam affraid, hihi..

mises

by mises

drjones96 wrote:
ShinyBaldy wrote:A lot of people don't realize that composite components for things like the military's blackhawk helos... whether just surfaces with kevlar lining or actual blades are often made overseas by the most qualified and cheapest producer.

I work at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth. Just downstairs from me they are making composite parts for F/A-22's, F-16's and My plane (F-35). Some of the work is being sub'd out but only to US contractors and US allies like BAES (UK) who build the aft fuselage on our plane. The F/A-22 is nearly 100% US made (baring a few small parts that I cannot account for). We do not typically allow southeast asian companies to build our stuff unless they are building it for themselves. Some F-16's were built overseas. I believe 2 factories in Europe and 1 in South Korea have produced F-16's. These were mostly just final assemblies though. A lot of the parts were built here and shipped to them. The Japanese F-2 for example is primarily built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries but we build some of it here in Fort Worth (the all-composite wings).

The bottom line is we don't trust SE Asians to keep our proprietary and secret information a secret. I believe Cervelo was very upset because their SE Asian OEM used their process to make frames for other companies. If you can't trust them to make bike parts in secret how can you trust them to build military aircraft parts. You can't. But if what you say is true I guess maybe the Lead Blackhawk Contractor is trusting them...

I don't think I would want anything made by a military contractor. Sure they have reams of specs and regulations they have to meet but anything that has only a 20% failure rate in combat (not from enemy fire - just plain failing) is considered a success. The Blackhawk is a perfect example.

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

I am sure Brian did not purposely mean to offend anyone, so let us forgive and forget.

O.K. people back to the topic of this thread... Cannondale SIX13 and Synapse... remember...
BILL NIKO, YOU WILL NOT EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

jozuph

by jozuph

they both from a us company right, so must be bad..hihi sorry jus little sarcastic...

Velozirrapt0r

by Velozirrapt0r

Going back to topic,
I'm happy with the new cannondales; just because I think they would drop the prices of caad7/8 and may be I will be able to afford one... :?

what do you think? will they do that?
flat transitioner shimanoist

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

I'm not so sure about price drops, as the CAAD7/8 still remains the choice for many, even over the SIX13.
BILL NIKO, YOU WILL NOT EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Sorry if I offended anyone with the earlier comment. However with that said, some people on this forum, Enda Moron included, need to get a sense of humor.

PNuT

by PNuT

even i cringed @ that comment & im one sick puppy :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com