Anyone can reach starbike?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

rafaelblu

by rafaelblu

Hello, let me introduce myself. I'm a ww member for a longe time already, but never posted until today. Read forum and all news every day ...

But I'm with a big trouble.

I cancelled an order from starbike and they send me order after 15 days, but they don't answer phone or reply any e-mail from me.

Anyone can contact them? Are they OK? Snow mass? I don't know what's happening ...

Thank's guys.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rafaelblu

by rafaelblu

My bike, After picture I changed wheels, crankset fsa k force, stem wcs carbon, seatpost new ultimate ... hope rotor... with slr 09 8630g ... If I sell slr and stay with tune wheelset 8280 ...

xptxc

by xptxc

Its very difficult to talk with them by phone. on the past I´ve tried several times and nobady answered. But after some days of trying one day they answered.

I´ve bought several things from them and they are a trusteble store, the only problem is the comunication and sometime the delivery time.

rafaelblu

by rafaelblu

Thanks for your help. I've already bought many times from Starbike, the problem is that this time I cancelled the order (tune wheelset) in middle january (around 700euros). I received the confirmation of cancel, OK. Last week I receive the message from them saying that the order was shipped. That's the problem why they don't answer any e-mail now, cause it's fault. It's a huge problem for me cause I bought another wheelset for my bike and I'll have to pay import taxes and everything to sell the wheelset. I just think it's not right doing this with customers. And that's why I'm claimming for help of someone that maybe know them better or can reach them by other way.
I really appreciate if anyone can help me solving the problem ...

Of course they charged credit card before sending it, they have my CC information. I've sent over 15 e-mails and none answer. I'm going to call Credit card company asking for payment cancel, that's the only way.

xptxc wrote:Its very difficult to talk with them by phone. on the past I´ve tried several times and nobady answered. But after some days of trying one day they answered.

I´ve bought several things from them and they are a trusteble store, the only problem is the comunication and sometime the delivery time.

kytyree

by kytyree

I've never had any trouble reaching them via email.

GrahamB

by GrahamB

rafaelblu wrote:I received the confirmation of cancel, OK. Last week I receive the message from them saying that the order was shipped.

That sounds like a mistake, since they accepted to cancel... maybe give them one last chance: mail them with a copy of the cancel confirmation and temm them you are going to try to stop payment.

It'a little tricky since you actually have the part... I think you maybe need to return it, by a method that gives you a confirmation of delivery, then ask for the full refund.
Graham

dufferofstgeorge

by dufferofstgeorge

Try using a different email account. Yours maybe black listed and hitting their spam folder.

rafaelblu

by rafaelblu

Yes, I've already sent many copies of cancel confirmation. My problem is that I'll have to pay import taxes that I'm sure I wont get back. So I supose to sell the wheelset to minimize losts and troubles. I tryed to reach them many many times, by e-mail and phone and had no answer since the problem. The wheelset is arriving in two or three days here. This is the only method I found to advise other members of problem and maybe claim for help of someone that lives nearby ... Maybe even Florian that access the forum.

I even sent an e-mail purposing a friendly way to solve the problem. I sell wheelset here and they give an extra discount on next order or something like that to pay for all mess that they did. But, still, no answer.

GrahamB wrote:
rafaelblu wrote:I received the confirmation of cancel, OK. Last week I receive the message from them saying that the order was shipped.

That sounds like a mistake, since they accepted to cancel... maybe give them one last chance: mail them with a copy of the cancel confirmation and temm them you are going to try to stop payment.

It'a little tricky since you actually have the part... I think you maybe need to return it, by a method that gives you a confirmation of delivery, then ask for the full refund.

rafaelblu

by rafaelblu

I did it on second day already ... from my company's e-mail.

dufferofstgeorge wrote:Try using a different email account. Yours maybe black listed and hitting their spam folder.

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

I think if you don't accept the parcel, the parcel will be returned to the sender and you don't pay taxes.

rafaelblu

by rafaelblu

Yes, probably not. But on the point that I'm right know I really think that's better sell the wheelset then wait more 20 days to arrive on Germany and trust on them to cancel the Credit Card charge, I'll have to pay credit card in one week (including money of wheels).

jvs wrote:I think if you don't accept the parcel, the parcel will be returned to the sender and you don't pay taxes.

rafaelblu

by rafaelblu

News.

I sent them a fax today, and they finally answer me. As I sent many e-mail they were banned by spam filter.

They agree with I get the wheelset and sell it here, and they gave me a discount on next order.

Glad to here that starbike is really german, honest. Of course they were embarrased with the hole problem.

Just to appreciate forum help, Martin and Florian for the prompt resolution or problem today after I faxed them.

Tks for forum help too.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Interesting, I have had no trouble reaching them. Had a question about an on-line order. Called them once, no answer. Tried about an hour later and spoke to them in English, no problemo.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

petal666

by petal666

How about someone just report all your posts so they get deleted?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com