cycle dynamics cassette

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

doozer

by doozer

Just got a a quote from cycle dynamics for a 12*21 campag 9-speed cassette plus additional 23 and 25 sprockets. Looks like it is gonna cost me approximately $155 which works out at £90 for me in the UK. This seems like great value for money considering the REcord full ti cassette is £200 the partial Ti one is £90 and the all steel chorus cassette that I currently use is £45.

Has anyone dealt with cycle dynamics and what are you opinions on the cassettes?? Particularly shifting performance and wear rates. They responded to my email query promtly which is a good sign.

thanks, Doozer :mrgreen:
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

ceitsab

by ceitsab

i haven't used a 9sp version but used several 8sp versions at my shop and they didn't shift very well at all. can't see the 9sp working much better with the tighter tolerances unless the changed something big.

i have had two specailite ta alloy cassettes. one didn't shift at all and one shifted ok but not as good as a shimano. it's a tuff call, you might not notice the weight savings but you'll notice poor shifting every ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

powergyoza

by powergyoza

I heard from another rider that he's approaching 10,000km on his cassette. No problems with shifting, and it still has some wear left...

JTC

by JTC

What is the weight going to be on it? $150 is not bad at all.

powergyoza

by powergyoza

JTC wrote:What is the weight going to be on it? $150 is not bad at all.

All that info is at http://www.bigtwincycling.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

doozer

by doozer

claimed weight for a 12-21 9-speed cassette is about 124 grams I think.

See: www.cycle-dynamics.com

Dooz :mrgreen:
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.