Superlight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

_JJ_

by _JJ_

Here is my question:

Superlight, why must you bike meet the UCI regulations? Have you ever once raced in a race where bikes have been weighed? What category is it that you race within anyway?

_JJ_

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

CAT 2. Yes I have riddedn in races with weight limits. Why you ask?

Plus it's not just UCI regulations, the US has adopted the 6.8K weight limit for many CAT1-2 races, plus I beleive the NCAA has it as well.

_JJ_

by _JJ_

I ask because I have raced throughout the Country in many NRC races etc and have never had a bike weighed or heard of one being weighed. Rules exist but not all are enforced or even considered.

You are in Colorado, correct? I'm curious as to what race or races you witnessed bike weighing.

I think I would die of laughter if someone wanted to weigh my bike at a NCCA race :lol:

_JJ_

spytech

by spytech

hmmmm, so your saying that i could race with my deda synapsi bars, and no one would say anything about them?

_JJ_

by _JJ_

"Rules exist but not all are enforced or even considered." :x

Superlite

by Superlite

Ok. :roll:

martin

by martin

_JJ_ wrote:Here is my question:

Superlight, why must you bike meet the UCI regulations? Have you ever once raced in a race where bikes have been weighed? What category is it that you race within anyway?

_JJ_

The first year the UCI-rules for Time Trial were adjusted, we went to attend the bavarian (not german) TT championships in the masters class (not elite...). This race has about as much importancy as your average club weekday training race. All participants do this in their spare time as a hobby, no one gets payed for that, everybody travelled there at own cost.

We were greeted by the officials with the rulebook and ruler (pun intended) in hand. Some people had to adjust their aerobars or dismount them at all.

So just don't be too sure about not being checked...

ras11

by ras11

yeah... what ever happened to the days when race officials used to role your tires at the starting line. it's still a looming fear that some ass-monkey who can't glue a tire is going to role on my inside. you know it happens... ok, i'm a paranoid freak...

"rules were meant to be broken" Bart Simpson, right? :o

what's the deal with JJ, seems a little insecure with Superlite. maybe we all should post our UCI points to see who's the "real deal". 8) please!!! i love this web site!!! so much fun, on so many levels!!! LOVE IT!!!
:-) Toys-R-Us

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

LOL!!! I thought it was just me who thought that. Do I need to prove myself to you JJ? :wink: Whatever. Besides, I could kick you ass on a bike anyday. :lol: