Time Slice carbon fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I just pulled the fork off my '03 CAAD 7 and weighed it. I've always hated this fork for aesthetic reasons, and now I have a weight reason as well: 407 grams cut. I like straight blade forks, does anyone have any of those stiffness numbers on a alpha q sub 3 or those new Easton straight blade forks (claimed 350 grams, but they look cool) Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ks04us

by ks04us

I've ridden one of the older EC90's (the ones with the "aerodynamic" brake gap, or whatever you want to call it). I'm 5'10" and 150-160 lbs. (depending on the season) and I've never had any problems with flexing. I've pushed it pretty hard too. They do look pretty sweet, well, depending on your ride, what kind of frame do you have?

Superlite

by Superlite

Just to let you know the '04 Slice SI all carbon weighs 312g uncut, and 410g, with starnut, bolt, topcap, and headset! I think it's the lightest fork setup you can get. The easton is a few greams lighter, 13g, but because the SI fork uses a starnut it saves more weight and makes a lighter set up.

Krull

by Krull

Hallo Dan,
i am not shure if this is what you are looking for, but, concerning the Easton EC 90 SL, I have some stiffness numbers for you (from a review in a german magazin): 4 Categories, all in Newton/mm: brake-87,7/jump(reverse power to brake, concerning comfort) 88,1/lateral-45,5/shaft-4.731. Very stiff in all directions. Not very comfortable, especially for light-weight-people. They tested the Easton EC90 SLX too, which is 35 gramm lighter but, especially lateral and shaft, less stiff. (33,8 and 3154)

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

520 Dan wrote:I just pulled the fork off my '03 CAAD 7 and weighed it. I've always hated this fork for aesthetic reasons, and now I have a weight reason as well: 407 grams cut. I like straight blade forks, does anyone have any of those stiffness numbers on a alpha q sub 3 or those new Easton straight blade forks (claimed 350 grams, but they look cool) Thanks

Is that fork the same as in the CAAD4 from 2001? I got an CAAD4 from 2001 with an Time Slice carbon fork.

Krull

by Krull

I have the 2001 Caad 4 with the 1 1/8 Headset too. Mine has a carbonfork with aluminium steerer. This is much heavier than the Caad 7 Fork, it weighs about 560 gramm. But the Frame is pretty light (mine is 1305 gramm in size 56)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com