WWOTY 2008

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

@ madcow...
You have to better than that to get my vote (not saying my votes really that special).
Can you tell us what he did to keep this board alive? (besides the stuff I read in his replies/threads) Because, like you said, "I know how much he has been working behind the scenes, doing things that nobody notices"... I have someone in mind who has visibly help the board more than him. Stuff that I notice. Stuff that is just as important in keeping this community informed/interesting. Stuff that makes it exciting for me. I don't know what it was like before "05 Feb 2008", so can't say if this board is better and really don't care if it was because I'm looking to a good future here. People come and go, good times, bad times.
If you say to me right now that Frankie B has been the 51% reason this board is here for my enjoyment, and that it wouldn't be here because of him, then I'll vote for him. Because the stuff behind the scenes I don't notice.
I think all people mentioned are worthy, but I have a person in mind that's not him. If I had more evidence otherwise, my mind can change.

ImagePezTech for WW of the yr!Image

The fact that Pez not only gives (me and you) great info on a lot of bike related stuff, but has also never in a negative/personal way retaliated to another member when attacked (which is a lot). Yes, he has his personal preferences/biases but seems to be open minded enough to make/give good info.
This is a guy who has the mental strength, wisdom and love for cycling I want to represent WW.

EDIT: I just realized this is in the "Road" section. Maybe the Mods/Admin can move this to "Weight Weenies", or "Cycle Chat" because not everyone here visits the road section.
Last edited by TheBugMan on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

id go for pez as well on the what i have seen. if frankie as im sure he has done what you say then maybe he should get some sort of special award like special services to the forum or somthing
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

O.K. Here's the solution.

2008 IFOTS WWOTY: PezTech
2008 BTS WWOTY: FrankieB
2008 WWPOTY: Dominic (the.paisleys)
2008 TWOTY: 11.4

IFOTS = In Front of the Scenes
BTS = Behind the Scenes
WWPOTY = WW Post of the Year
TWOTY = Tubular Weenie of the Year

I guess my economics training is showing. On the one hand WWOTY should be PezTech. On the other hand, it should be FrankieB. On yet another hand, it should be Dominic. And on still yet another hand it should be 11.4.

Perhaps we should start a Hall of Fame, which could have multiple inductees. Maybe even a Hall Of Shame (euro?). Perhaps members could be elected to "Fellow" or "Senior Fellow" status - well, maybe that should be "Weenie" and "Senior Weenie".

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

HammerTime2 wrote:Perhaps members could be elected to "Fellow" or "Senior Fellow" status - well, maybe that should be "Weenie" and "Senior Weenie".

And if you've been on this forum for over 5 yrs you become "Shriveled Weenie".
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Gregorio

by Gregorio

I would say the best all around postings / advice might be
Starnut
- Squirrel drinks beer
-Knowledgeable postings on components and gear
- ditto on training

Honorable Mention

Pez
- seems to always get the inside scoop
-product reviews

Madcow
great reviews on products

DocRay
-Humor
-have not heard from in a while, hope everything is ok.

Bernie

by Bernie

I perfectly understand the point of Madcow; we are used to open the faucet and get soft water without any effort. If we would spend some time in poor areas in the world we would see it on a different way.
The same applies here to some extend. My vote goes to Frankie B.

This also avoids me deciding between great posters. :lol:

My best wishes to all of you.
Look 585 Origin + ZTR340/Tune70-160 + Campa Record + TRP-960 - 6.385 kg - 14.08 lbs

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

I'd like to add DaveS to the list of candidates as well as 11.4 for their indepth knowledge and effort to share it with us on Campa technical stuff and tubulars in general.
It's not easy to repeat time and again the same info with a smile on your face....

They single handedly made up for the loss of other valuable members over the past three years such as Divve, Boonen and whomever I forget.

This forum has changed a lot over the past three years and those members mentioned made me hang on. Regardless...

Sorry if I left someone out and I'm awre of the limited scope of interest those candidates provide but they're invaluble members to some of us.

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Dalai

by Dalai

I don't know the details.

But if it is due to his actions that kept this forum alive, then FrankieB gets my vote! As without the forums there wouldn't be a WWOTY08!

Waldo
in the industry

by Waldo

I don't envy moderators on any forum so I'd definitely agree with Frankie B.

Granted, I haven't been here long and lurk more than I post but I'd say Madcow is still worthy of mention for his informative posts and for putting together the WW Museum. Starnut gets honorable mention in my book for succinct posts and finding some splendid pictures.

I think it's something of a miracle that Pez hasn't left just yet; he has put up with quite a lot of nonsense on here. It's definitely a shame to see Adrien driven away as he was so hopefully people have gotten that out of their system.

I think Juanmoretime deserves some credit, just for his avatar. The whole mod thing doesn't hurt, either.

I'd have to second the mention of DocRay/The Dimpler/Bikeindustryguy, though my reason is related to what has to be the most remarkable fixation on any company in the cycling industry. That may be a category without any competition, though.
ENVE contract engineer | Former Zipp test engineer

tochnics

by tochnics

i second the thought for a second award:

wwoty 2008: madcow/starnut/pez/adrien

moderator of the year: frankie

i must say that these and a lot of other guys spend a lot of their time to keep this forum breathing

my thanks for all the people in advance who dedicated to this forum for this year and lets make next years even better then ever
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I've changed my mind. I now nominate Monopolisf for 2008 WWOTY solely on the basis of the thread Maestro - Colnago. This thread has provided the only real entertainment over what would otherwise have been a rather dull holiday period. However, "jerk" should win a special prize for best supporting actor, for facilitating the entertainment value which would otherwise have been lacking in the thread.

Roobay

by Roobay

The Nils aka PkOr along with his fellow WW master mr Gunther mai
one of the most interesting and ongoing projects
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

sawyer

by sawyer

Roobay wrote:The Nils aka PkOr along with his fellow WW master mr Gunther mai
one of the most interesting and ongoing projects
jr

they would be good WWOTY I agree.

Pez is getting lots of votes and has added lots of interesting posts I agree, but WWOTY should be more about WWism. Isn't Pez more about knowledge and expertise of all things road bike related generally rather than a real weenie obsessive?

People complain the site has changed and then cast a vote for that change!

I would also like to a seperate WWBOTY category so at least if a general expert like Pez does win, then we can keep alive the spirit of WWism with a light bike of year

Giant DK

by Giant DK

morephyous wrote:Well if Madcow can't get my vote, then it goes to Dominic :twisted: .

Man, those days when LJ posted about his Colnago build were a classic. That's what got me into this whole thing :lol: .

The day he posted his Colnago and going with Shimano was the day he began to be missing.

The days when Lee posted all his Pina builds were a classic :!:
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rasmus
Administrator

by Rasmus

madcow wrote:Rasmus, he's been doing a bang up job as the forums newest admin, but he's also the best looking guy east of the Mississippi, so giving him an award is redundant. His good looks and charm are reward enough for him in life.

Thank you kindly, Sir, but clearly you are as mad as a hatter. Only east of the Mississippi?

And no, the reward is not what you get for doing what you do, but what you become by doing it.
- Papa R. Fresh