Light 27.2 seat post options?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PhilThee

by PhilThee

I need a setback carbon 27.2 seatpost.
I currently have the Aluminum Bontrager Race light with a 5mm setback.
I used this post partly because the angle adjustment is infinite and I'd like to keep with that. I don't care for the graphics on the Bonty XXX Lite though.

The seat is slid as far back as the post will allow. It works but it's heavy and I don't like the seat rails being slid all the way back. I'd like to get a little more setback and lighten it up a bit.

I know there are some great posts out there but I can't spend 225.+ on a seatpost.

What are some lighter options in those parameters?

I'm thinking Ritchey Carbon 1 bolt???
Last edited by PhilThee on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
** WANTED BLACK Cannondale Full Carbon forks.Please PM me with what you have. I need a 8.5+inch steerer tube length.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GrahamB

by GrahamB

I have the Dedaccai (?) Black Stick. I think it's about 165g at 300mm. The only downside is the finite-step angle adjustment. That turned out ok for me, but if you are super fussy about your seat angle you may not like it.
Graham

PhilThee

by PhilThee

GrahamB wrote:The only downside is the finite-step angle adjustment. That turned out ok for me, but if you are super fussy about your seat angle you may not like it.

That I am. That's part of the reason I was using the Bontrager. Infinite angle adjustment.

I was considering the Bonty XXX Lite but I just don't care for the graphics on it.
** WANTED BLACK Cannondale Full Carbon forks.Please PM me with what you have. I need a 8.5+inch steerer tube length.

Mike V

by Mike V

The Ritchey two bolt is lighter!

PhilThee

by PhilThee

Mike V wrote:The Ritchey two bolt is lighter!

Is that so??

How is it for adjustably?
Does it have any notches in it that will lock the seat at a predetermined angles?

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Easton EC90 post. Set and forget.

Trim it to length to reduce weight. Also, search for a thread on lightening the clamp.

I previously tried a M2Racer seatpost and the adjustment was finicky and creaky. So so very light, but I gave up before I got it dialed in.

Mike V

by Mike V

PhilThee wrote:
Mike V wrote:The Ritchey two bolt is lighter!

Is that so??

Does it have any notches in it that will lock the seat at a predetermined angles?

Yes

Good

No

PhilThee

by PhilThee

Not sure about the Easton.

urace4me2 wrote:My easton EC90 keeps slipping to backwards tilt every time I do a race where I climb hard. As far as I'm concerned it's a POS for anyone with any weight above 150 lbs. But I still have it on my race bike and will just retension it carefully before each really hilly race.

The reply

DocRay wrote:^^ try assembly paste on the semi-round to avoid slipping, but I've heard of this problem from many.
Last edited by PhilThee on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

JBuck

by JBuck

Im using the Forte carbon post from Performance bikes.

160 grams and only $75.

Rascal

by Rascal

PhilThee wrote:
Mike V wrote:
The Ritchey two bolt is lighter!

Is that so??

Yes

Good

No

As I recall, the Ritchey two bolt does have notches at the interface of the individual bottom nuts and the carbon curved piece that they mate to, causing it to be, in effect, not totally infinite but rather has predetermined angle settings. This is for the most recent Ritchey carbon two bolt.
-Giant TCR
-CAAD5
-Klein Rascal

PhilThee

by PhilThee

Rascal wrote:As I recall, the Ritchey two bolt does have notches at the interface of the individual bottom nuts and the carbon curved piece that they mate to, causing it to be, in effect, not totally infinite but rather has predetermined angle settings. This is for the most recent Ritchey carbon two bolt.

That's no good.

PhilThee

by PhilThee

How about the FSA K force Carbon?

Scratch that. I just saw some pictures of the clamp. It has notches.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

PhilThee wrote:Not sure about the Easton.

Notched adjustment on the setback version.

PhilThee

by PhilThee

So far it's

Alpha Q Prolite
Ritchey 1 Bolt
Bontrager XXX

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

why don't you get a XXX lite and sand the crap out of it. It is pretty easy. I've done it to a XXX lite stem. After the sanding give it a few clear coats and be happy with it!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!