Time ASX Titan failure (Happened this morning!)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

That's the wider weave of the newer Pulsion. The earlier Pulsion had a much tighter, narrower carbon weave pattern.

As for differing weights between the two, I can't answer that. However, the new Pulsion cranks (08, 09?) are significnatly heavier and look completely different (Vulcan, X-Wing, etc).

jakkel

by jakkel

Johnny Rad wrote:That's the wider weave of the newer Pulsion. The earlier Pulsion had a much tighter, narrower carbon weave pattern.

Thanks!

Are the wider weaved Pulsions stronger then the narrow weaved ones?
Or is there no difference?

Grtz
2004 Cannondale F600SL Sobe
2012 Cannondale SS EVO HM SRAM Red
2013 Cannondale F29 carbon2
2017 Cannondale Slate Apex

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

welldonsteak

by welldonsteak

Paulo Casalta wrote:I thought it had only happened to my Pulsion but I read a pair of topics which left me in shock.
My replacement crankset is on its way (I guess it's the horrendous X-Wing) but I am not confident about its quality...
What crankset would you advise, considering that I am trying to get my bike under 6 kg and I need light material? (Either way, I prefer a heavier set than being thrown off my bike because of lousy material failure...)

Some pictures of the results:

Sure they are light... But Strong?!

I am looking for a non-drive side crank since mine has failed. I'm sure you have received a replacement from stronglight but in the chance that you still have a non-drive side crank please contact me. Thanks