Old Danish Aluminium !!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MARLON

by MARLON

Hi guys...here is my new ride....in the moment not Lightweight ( Sorry for that ) but i think a good base to make it a lightweight bike in the future !!!

Principia Rex Pro sx size 55
Record 2003 Group
Ritchey Parts
Keo Sprint white
Fulcrum Racing Light
Vittoria Tires
Tacx Tao bottelcages
Flite Titanium Saddle

The fork will be cut soon...i am waiting for the 2003 carbon cranks, Elite Patao Carbon bottelcages...maybe an AX Endurance saddle or Flite Carbonio ( classic ol model )...my Lightweights Gen. 3 are in Florida in the moment!!![b]
[/b]
Attachments
DSC02595.JPG
DSC02596.JPG
DSC02594.JPG
DSC02593.JPG
BACK IN BLACK

micky

by micky

Very elegant!
I like it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Always liked Principa Rex frames. Esthaetically speaking, they are timeless, but does they still ride at best with years?

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Agreed...Principia frames have a certain class to them. Very nice indeed. And probably stiff as hell!

MARLON

by MARLON

Just as a backround Info for you.....got this frame 4 years ago and was very satisfied with it.......then came the Carbon Revolution and i thought to jump on this train.....ride several Carbon frames ( BH G3, Principia Carbon Frame aso.... ) they where all where quite good but not like this frame....so start searching to get one...was not so easy.....after month i found one....a complete bike from 2003 with Record 2003, Ksyrium SL and Tune Parts...it was an ACS ( Distributor in Germany ) equipet bike an the bike looks like new..the old owner a nice cameramen has no time to ride it and the computer that was mount on the bike shows 328 kilometers :shock: !!!
I got the bike for 950 Euro complete 8) !!! sold the wheels, bought the Ritchey Stuff, and now will sold the other Tune parts to buy an AX Endurance.....so in the end i will have spend 950 Euro for a nearly new worldclass bike...and i will definetly never sell it again...doesent matter what happened!!!
BACK IN BLACK

KB

by KB

Marlon

Very nice. Would like to see a pic withoput the bottles in. Will make it look even better. Only change I would make to the bike itself would be to remove the decals on the wheels.

But still a cool looking bike.

MARLON

by MARLON

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Always liked Principa Rex frames. Esthaetically speaking, they are timeless, but does they still ride at best with years?

Hello Sami...its a 2003 Bike but the owner rides it 32o Kilometers before i bougt it....looks like new...and i hope good for thousands of Kilometers!!!
BACK IN BLACK

mattr

by mattr

I don't think i'll post mine, RS6 Pro, as it's on the UCI limit, so hardly a weenie.......

MARLON

by MARLON

mattr wrote:I don't think i'll post mine, RS6 Pro, as it's on the UCI limit, so hardly a weenie.......

RS6 Pro is also a very nice one :shock: !!!
BACK IN BLACK

Rasmus
Administrator

by Rasmus

Lovely Revolution indeed. There's just something about those classic, "genuine" Principia's that cannot be beat.

mattr, please do post. It'll make me feel better about posting my old '99 RSL :lol:
- Papa R. Fresh

mattr

by mattr

Rasmus wrote:mattr, please do post. It'll make me feel better about posting my old '99 RSL :lol:

It's also been thro the wringer!

The groupset is (mostly) off my old team bike. So its rather battered!

I'll see if i get round to getting it out of the attic or not over the weekend.

Bandanelli

by Bandanelli

I'm close to tears... :wink:

I got a 08 Principia ride, but that's just not the same...
In theory there is no differens betweem theory and pratice, but in pratice, there is.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... ight=rasta

MARLON

by MARLON

Bandanelli wrote:I'm close to tears... :wink:

The Litespeed MTB is AWESOME :shock: !!!
BACK IN BLACK

Bandanelli

by Bandanelli

MARLON wrote:
Bandanelli wrote:I'm close to tears... :wink:

The Litespeed MTB is AWESOME :shock: !!!

Thank you :) I guess all the money is spent on that :lol:
In theory there is no differens betweem theory and pratice, but in pratice, there is.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... ight=rasta

Eddy

by Eddy

Great frame , I get one of those years ago , serie limited , smolke bar /seat/ tune stem and crank Big Foot / it was superbe , orange only good memories , but corrosion in Thailand and very stiff , to bad don't have a photo to show , it was light but I never put it on a scale 10 years ago :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com