2008 Pro team stuff

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

And he did try a few times before the climb. I think it was more a question of him seeing that there was no chance in hell that anything the guys in the break could do on that hill would ever stay clear from the peloton.
Hell yeah!

djconnel

by djconnel

Packs wrote:I kinda like Dave Zee but fair play all that aero guff came to nothing when they went up the first hill on the run in - he went straight out the back!

Still it was job well done getting across to the break and giving em hell.

Exactly. The aero stuff got him to that hill. Mission accomplished.

The extreme handlebar drop got me thinking....

A relatively long ratio of arm to femur length means I like a relatively large front-center relative to head-tube-length. This is why the Felts suit me better than the Cervelo. But the F1 is better than the AR in that regard. Cervelo takes the approach of keeping geometry matched between its road bikes. It's no-brainer to swap between the R3 and S3. But on Felt, the two bikes are very different. At a given front-center, the taller head-tube of the AR may be counterproductive to the goal of reducing total aerodynamic drag for a flexible rider like Zabriskie, assuming stem length is a limiter to getting the bars in position, which it may not be with a suitably negative sloping stem.
Last edited by djconnel on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

Packs wrote:I kinda like Dave Zee but fair play all that aero guff came to nothing when they went up the first hill on the run in - he went straight out the back!

His job was to drive the break, not make the final move.

He did that.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

weenie #2533 wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/oct08/suntour08/index.php?id=/photos/2008/oct08/suntour08/suntour085/_DSC0433

Doesnt CSC Saxo ride Bell helmets?

Yes there do
See all my bike h e r e

djconnel

by djconnel

O'Grady was also on Louis Garneau. Most riders were using road helmets. Obviously, the time trial was conducted with modified equipment rules, as riders were generally on road bikes, modified with handlebar extensions, but not with full time trial bars. So something was up...

monkey

by monkey

djconnel wrote:O'Grady was also on Louis Garneau. Most riders were using road helmets. Obviously, the time trial was conducted with modified equipment rules, as riders were generally on road bikes, modified with handlebar extensions, but not with full time trial bars. So something was up...

He was probably using the Louis garneau as over here in australia only 1 or 2 aero helmets have been put thru the australian standards tests for helmets, without this, the commisaires won't let you use an unnaproved helmet. The market for aero helmets for australian road cycling is not huge and the cost for getting the helmets thru the test is prohibitive.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

White is the new black, but the "raindrops" on the toptube of Marcus Ljungqvist's R3 gives a new meaning to "wet white":
http://www.tdwsport.com/imagedesk/pic.p ... pg&thumb=0

Warblade

by Warblade

:laughat:
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

cdiaz

by cdiaz

Michal Schar was riding this bike at lombardia.I'm assuming he was too tall for the new madone which looked alittle weird under him. which model is it?

jjmstang

by jjmstang

cdiaz.....it actually looks like one of Treks alum. bikes to me.
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

thats what i would say too, a custom alu bike

also, look at the cranks...

MaaseyRacer

by MaaseyRacer

520 Dan wrote:thats what i would say too, a custom alu bike

also, look at the cranks...

Some of the more powerful riders break the teeth off of the SRAM Red chain rings. That is why they run the DA rings and sometimes cranks.
I do not consider myself to be all that powerful of a rider and I recently stripped three teeth off a 53 tooth SRAM chain ring. SRAM was very good at replacing it quickly.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

crank isnt red though

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com