Okay... What's the OFFICIAL word on the outdated listings?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
DC41

by DC41

I have some server space I could donate to the cause. It wouldn't take long to set up some CMS with mySQL db and some authoring software to create the tables, fields, forms, etc.

It would take a couple of days at the most... especially if we have a few volunteers to help. Then we could just import data Florian has collected.

Once it's beta tested, we could then more it back to starbike's server... or leave it were it is and link.
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

karlux

by karlux

I could help to make an automated weight adding system... and really - I'm the 9th registered user here from the early beginning - the weight listings were the main thing I joined and the main thing I'm here for all those years. Now I checked the listings and noticed that some of the items have been removed - WHY IS THAT? for example - I can't find storck cranks anymore? What's going on here?

Karlis
Light weight everything!

coloclimber

by coloclimber

As I obtain new parts, I am just going to post pics on the digital scale so they will show up in searches.
Its a band aid but helpful for those looking for weights on various components.

Kraaf

by Kraaf

If a team is set up, count me in.
I love you guys. Seriously.

theremery

by theremery

Same for team duties. Happy to help.
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

bholwell

by bholwell

Seems like many people are willing to help out.

This site is nearly useless without up-to-date listings.

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Juanmoretime wrote:
bholwell wrote:Seems like many people are willing to help out.

This site is nearly useless without up-to-date listings.

I do know several here have been activity working to get it going.

Thanks for the bump. I think you will see the results soon!

yupy. I hope we have up to date listings! I also can help something on the html php system

LucVR

by LucVR

Any news?

c-m-h

by c-m-h

Some really interesting ideas here, I like the wiki idea. I've been coming to this site for a couple years at least and using the listings, and have submitted several but have only seen one or two of my submissions show up. Got contacted about one a couple months back (I forgot to list the number of holes in a hub weight) but that was it. I've got a pretty sizeable collection of weights dating back to the early 90s (anyone wanna know how much a pair of Modolo's wonderfully flimsy black plastic downtube shifters weigh?) and if there was an easy way to share that, I'd be all over it.

On the flipside, though, I worked in a position very similar to these listings and know it's VERY easy to get behind in this stuff and a hard, thankless job to keep up with. I'm never gonna fault anyone, and I know that it can be hard to let go, but man oh MAN I was happy when it wasn't my responsibility anymore! :D