Specialized Sworks

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SyncrosX

by SyncrosX

i have a 2002 Sworks and i am currently running tioga factory xc semi slicks and i think some regular specialized inner tube I recently found this site and i was horrified to see the weight of these tires does anyone have a better tire that is a semi slick and similar? also because i am running high tire pressure i am wondering if i should be using a really lite inner tube due to the less chance of a pinch flat.

My other question is if you where going to go out and buy a highend wheel set what would it be

chris king classic on 517
hugi 240's on 517
or like a mavic crossmax version

to replace a aging 517 on xt set

i need to lighten my sworks after seeing the same one weighing so little on the site haha but a durace derailuer that is extreme
joking

thanks
KeViN from Canada

here is my sworks stats

ct2 carbon handle bar
thomson stem 10 degree rise and 110
icon barends 117 grams
chris king rasta headset
here is the heavy part
Z2 Bam 98 so reliable though hehe
xtr 950 drive train with Sworks cranks 98 and race face chain rings un-72 bb
thompson seatpost
salsa skewers
flite ti seat
xtr brakes and levers with pods seperate

inother words i have not been watching my weight some of you guys are going to be disgusted with me
:shock:
thanks all

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Hi Kevin!

Nice to see that we've got a new Weight weenie!

For the wheels: Why not trying to get your hands on Tune hubs. The front hub weighs only 75/80 gram. The rear hub is on 180/ 200 gram. Depending on the hub. Lace the wheel with dt revolution spokes on a x 517. Thats a very light setup.

Try to get some Kenda kozmik lite or Schwalbe fast fred tirres. For the inner tubes try Michelin Latex or the Stans or Eclipse systems. (Liquid latex without an inner tire.

The ICON bar ends are also pretty heavy. Try to get some tune or Scott (theire claimed weight is 58 grams, but I havent had them on my scales yet)

You can lose a good kilo on getting rid of the good ol Marzo. Their really fine forks! But waaaay to heavy! And replacing it with a ridgid or a SID fork.

Well. this should get about two kilo of the bike. For the rest you might want to search through the forum.

Good Luck!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

SyncrosX

by SyncrosX

tune hmm i have never heard of this company
i am not sure i can get that or scott in canada
and the hubs i have never heard of them can you send me some links that are in english hehe
thanks

yeah you are right on the marz it is a heavy mofo
maybe a sid would be a nice change also i have some aluminium headset spacers how much do you think i could lose by getting those carbon fiber
thanks for the tips on the tires i can get those here i will be looking into that for sure.

what is this STANS TUBLESS SYSTEM I HAVE been riding on th forums is this work well

Tippster

by Tippster

Do you know a UK retailer for the Tune hubs? Those Tune hubs blow the DT hugi's away. DT Hugi's are 165 front and 270 rear.

I was going to get myself a DT Hugi / DT rev / X317 black disc wheelset. Merlin Cycles for £174 rear and £108 front. Weight is 1521g. Crossmax SL work out at £425. Lot more expensive and 1685g.

For tubes try Maxxiss flylights (available in the UK). 90g each and cost around £5.99.

Ditch the Thompson seatpost for a USE Alien carbon post. On the S-works I'd go for the 27mm diameter as opposed to the 25mm. They cost around £70 and are the the lightest (or dam near close).

Cheap option is foam grips. Could save 50g

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Just click the link. and at the site, click the translation tab. (British flag on the right)

http://www.tune.de/

Contact in the UK:

Wallis Products Limited
13/14 Willow Farm Building
Tyland Lane – Sandling
ME 14 3BN – Maidstone – Kent
Phone: +44-1622-762055
Fax: +44-1622-691597
www.poshbikes.com
info@poshbikes.com
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Tippster

by Tippster

thanks frankie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com