Lew Racing at Interbike?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Before I mention it in the next article,

Did anyone see Lew at Interbike?

I didn't notice a single product and the only mention I heard was from Wheelbuilder.com who may be in a similar situation that the people in the last post were, where money is out...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritterview

by Ritterview

No listing of Lew on the Interbike web site. Lew is based in Las Vegas, they could have attended without flight or hotel.

http://www.interbike.com/ib/interbike/e ... 7&pageNo=5

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Maybe Paul and Lee flew to Egypt instead to personally deliver Dominic's wheels.

How good now is that 4 year no questions asked extended warranty for $1000? On second thought, maybe they better stay in Egypt to avoid the wrath of anyone shortchanged on their warranty ... or wheels.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

PezTech wrote:I didn't notice a single product and the only mention I heard was from Wheelbuilder.com who may be in a similar situation that the people in the last post were, where money is out...
Are you saying Wheelbuilder.com may be out of money, or were you referring to someone else? Wheelbuilder.com has been "in the news" lately http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8&start=12 .

Edit: To head off any rumours, Pezcycling responded below 'Wheelbuilder are just fine as a company, they're VERY pretty nice people and are not out of money as a company. I believe Money has been paid to Lew in advance. That is "Money Out" '
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Read this comment from Stefan from Carbonsports (Lightweight): http://www.rouesartisanales.com/article ... horComment
Adrien,

you are suggesting that LEW is presenting nude rims at Interbike. (or at least it makes the reader think so).
I have´nt seen you being here and so I don´t know if you are in Vegas or not. But I want to tell you that there is no LEW booth at all at the show altough LEW is based in Vegas.( and I AM there). In fact, there are only some wheels at the booth of Ochsner and we today agreed that Ochsner will NOT carry LEW anymore but only LW in the future.

I would aprreciate if your reports were neutral concerning the facts. Thank you.

Stefan

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I don't think he's saying that wheelbuilder is out of money. I think he means that Wheelbuilder is out money to Lew. Meaning Lew still owes him. I don't know if this is true or not. Richard at Wheelbuilder runs a good business and is quite skilled, I can't imagine he is in any sort of financial trouble.

Lew was not displaying at Interbike. I had quite a few people/companies ask about them and talk about them, and nothing that anyone had to say was good. Lots of talk of failures and dis-satisfied customers. Perhaps Lew was just trying to avoid having to deal with those people, perhaps they were just to busy to show. Nobody knows for sure, and I'm pretty positive that they won't join in this thread to explain any of it.

I am pretty sure that I saw Lee walking around looking though.

nikh

by nikh

Lew had a couple of wheelsets on a booth. I forget which. But on one side of the stand was Lightweight and the other side Lew. Interesting to compare. I don't know if Rasmus got a photo?

CharlesM

by CharlesM

HammerTime2 wrote: Are you saying

They're just fine as a company, they're VERY pretty nice people and are not out of money as a company.

I believe Money has been paid to Lew in advance. That is "Money Out"
Last edited by CharlesM on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

It seems as if Lew has a business agreement with Ritchey to supply them with carbon rims for a set of their wheels for 2009.

So one could assume that they are still in business and are just screwing selective clients as they go along.

I guess Lew went to the Mark Haskill school of business and is taking a page out of his book in terms of business dealings in the cycling industry.:lol:

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Maybe Lew is preparing for the 2012 Olympics.

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

It makes me sad that Adrien who from my personal experience seems to be a forthright kind of guy keeps acting on behalf of Lew.
Meanwhile I can tell you all that Dominic is still waiting for a reply and is now pursuing his matter through the Nevada legal system.
He is joined by at least one more WW...

Danton

by Danton

I read the page on Adrien's site and all it says is that Ritchey are using LEW rims to make some wheels, that the LEW rims are there as Ritchey products. Looks to me like the VT-1. I don't think Adrien's promoting LEW, Ritchey, Rotor, Cervelo, Chris King and the other products on the web page. :?

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Well, he just changed the page, five-ten minutes ago, and removed the Lew promo along with Stefans response/correction.

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

I got pictures of Ritchey/Lew nude rims at the same time and put them in the same article.
Since Lew was not presenting nude rims there, I removed the couple of lines and the picture of the nude rim.
I don't get why I would be promoting a product here...? :shock:

Chasing Dreams

by Chasing Dreams

I believe Stefan is mad about you writing articles about Lew. It's like the ADA/LightWeight thing all over again except that Stefan is now filling the shoes of ADA.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com