Titanium bike bottle cages

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tsielio

by Tsielio

Looking for solid bottle cages for a Litespeed bike. Most cages on the market are carbon but looking for something titanium like BBB had before. Don't know why the BBB ones don't exist any longer. Looks (not a problem if they are inox or something but they have to look like titanium to match with frame) and function are most important, they have to keep 1l bottles.
Thanks

dougmcdoug

by dougmcdoug

King Ti cages.
US made and bling

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

And notice King cages are not made by Chris King.

King Cages are made in Durango by Ron Andrews, who was one of the frame builders at Yeti Cycles when they still produced in Durango.
http://www.kingcage.com
You can order online directly from King Cages website for USD 60, but you can easiliy find them for less than USD 50 in many other online bike stores, just google 'king cage ti'.

ericm

by ericm

The King Ti cages are not cheap but they are good. I have not lost a bottle in the last year since I started using them, and I have done some very bumpy road races and rides.

Vortechcoupe

by Vortechcoupe

I also had, now my wife, the ti king cages, they are the best for a litespeed, in looks and function.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

You can't beat King cages. I use the Ti ones on all my bikes (except TT). They are fantastic! You'll never lose a bottle with these cages... not even on the gnarliest mtn bike ride.

Raxel

by Raxel

Isn't titanium supposed to be heavier than aluminum? :)

kman

by kman

No longer riding Time Tsielo? Or another bike in the shed? :)
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

Tsielio

by Tsielio

kman wrote:No longer riding Time Tsielo? Or another bike in the shed? :)

Getting some upgrade for dads litespeed...

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Raxel wrote:Isn't titanium supposed to be heavier than aluminum? :)

I assume you are talking about the density [ρ] (mass per unit volume). And yes Titanum has a desnisty that's 66.7% higher than aluminum.
Aluminum density: 2.7 grams per cubic centimeter http://education.jlab.org/itselemental/ele013.html
Titanium density: 4.5 grams per cubic centimeter http://education.jlab.org/itselemental/ele022.html

pieterp

by pieterp

King Cages are the best., they also have a stainless steel version.
dutch shop: http://www.singlespeed.nl/catalog/index ... 6be910cbd5

The BBB look like Ti but are just painted steel and do nothing but put black marks on your bottles, crappy cages.

Tsielio

by Tsielio

Thx, good to see they are also available in Benelux. As the goal of his bike isn't weight, i might just go with the stainless steel version if that ones function is as good as the titanium!
BBB might not be a superb cage but at least they keep the bottle in their place, even 1l bottles on a mtb.
Ciao

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Atik also has some titanium bottle cages: http://www.atik.cc/htm/products9_BOTTLE_CAGE.htm

tommasini

by tommasini

Ti is heavier per volume than aluminum but keep in mind that the King Ti cages are hollow Ti tubing. I believe their claimed weight is 28 - 30 grams. I've got several and they've been steller for more than 5 seasons - pricy but worth it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

synchronicity

by synchronicity

SRP also makes Ti cages:

OGK make another:

Both are available on ebay at the moment. There was also another with carbon mount + Titanium wire, similar to the other Titanium King cage version.
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.